SOFI Technologies

@AnalogKid70 I too hold a small position. While I certainly feel that Sofi is outside my circle of competence, at its core its a story of hypergrowth rapidly scaling towards profitability.

It is attracting customers like a magnet, reaching 5.7M last quarter and growing 46% YoY. Revenue is also growing >40% YoY, and adj-EBTDA has risen from $9M to $76M in a year.

Between (1) the SVB scandal, (2) the potential student loan forgiveness, and (3) questions about the liquidity of its loan book, Sofi was priced as if it was not going to be able to survive as a business. But over the past two months, the narrative has quickly shifted between the resiliency of the banking sector, the end of the student loan moratorium, and its securitazion of $440M of personal loans.

While I admittedly am not as well-versed analyzing some of the complexities involved in the financial sector, it is difficult not see a long runway ahead centered upon growing its customer base and cross-selling into its numerous products.

-RMTZP

7 Likes