SZYM

http://www.unilever.com/mediacentre/pressreleases/2014/Unile…

CAVEATT: I bring the above info from Unilever to the adults that can control their disappointment should we NOT have a wonderful bit of news from SZYM on the 5th and an equally important announcement by BUNGE on May 1st. Really if they either one/or both companies simply say,“yes, we are doing what we said we would do”, I’ll be ecstatic. I’ve never seen a company with such great products and so well researched and seemingly accepted by the caliber of partners these guys are lining up.

The sinking share price is exciting to me. Truly, if the news is as good as I think, the jump up will be all the more dynamic. If I weren’t fully invested for this opportunity, I would be jumping all over this stock, even though it is speculation. In any event this will be a wonderful learning experience for me since I can feel it in my bones…let’s see if those old bones are too old to still be accurate.
Mykie

1 Like

Saul,

This was in the Unilever announcement, the news of which I just posted here:

Products from the recently-completed manufacturing trial have been on-shelf in Brazil since early March 2014.

This looks like the MOEMA plant that I am expecting to be announced on May 1st or 5th to be open and delivering is a done deal.

Tell me please, what kind of a position for this speculative stock would be too big as I really think this is a big time winner and we are in the early stages, (soon however, to be splashed all over the news)…I’m thinking of increasing my position which for me now is a half full position. Of course, you understand I am a big (old) boy and your opinion is just that, input for me to do with as I wish.

Mykie
PS this is almost as much fun as making the money.

Mykie, Thanks for the great news release on Unilever using SZYM’s oils.

30/04/2014
London/Rotterdam - Unilever and Solazyme, Inc. (NASDAQ: SZYM), a renewable oil and bio-products company, announced today the initial introduction of sustainable Algal Oils for one of Unilever’s biggest soap brands, Lux.

Lux is first soap brand in the world to use Algal Oils

Solazyme’s Algal Oils are derived from oil-producing microalgae that are cultivated sustainably and responsibly. The oils are produced in a matter of days using a fermentation process designed to produce oils of the highest purity and performance. The decision to use Algal Oils is aligned with Unilever’s ambition to double the size of its business while reducing its overall environmental footprint, as part of which Unilever has made a commitment to using only sustainably sourced agricultural raw materials by 2020.

The announcement of the world-first comes off the back of the successful completion of product validation trials. Products from the recently-completed manufacturing trial have been on-shelf in Brazil since early March 2014.

I wonder if completion of product validation trials and recently completed manufacturing trial says anything about Moema being open, or just refers to Unilever’s manufacturing. It being on-shelf in Brazil makes me wonder.

I agree that partnerships with companies like Unilever is much more important than whether the factory is up and running a month or two sooner or later. This is going to become a great company. Two or three years from now we may look back on $10 price for this stock the way TSLA owners look at $30 for their stock.

JMHO (I added a tiny bit yesterday).

Saul

2 Likes

I’m thinking of increasing my position which for me now is a half full position.

I can’t tell you what’s appropriate for you, but I have a 5.26% position, which is more than what I consider a full or average position. In fact, it’s my biggest behind my big six.

Saul

1 Like

I switched out my INVN position for SZYM. Excited for the future!

Nate

1 Like

I wonder if completion of product validation trials and recently completed manufacturing trial says anything about Moema being open, or just refers to Unilever’s manufacturing. It being on-shelf in Brazil makes me wonder.

Thanks Saul,

They would have to have had samples of whatever product they intend to use in Unilever’s soap so you are right. Nonetheless, it is a step in the right direction.

BUNGE has made some kind of an announcement today and in between familial visits, I’ll go on line to try and find it.

To be clear, the only thing I’m looking for is confirmation of the path set forward by them. That is comforting to me at this stage and establishes for me some level of confidence in management.
Mykie

I can’t tell you what’s appropriate for you, but I have a 5.26% position, which is more than what I consider a full or average position. In fact, it’s my biggest behind my big six.

Thanks again,

That’s the type of info I was looking for. I’ll increase my position at today’s price but with some purchased calls. Much better way to go.
Mykie