Talend - No problem in selling those shares.

They are actually selling them at over the price it’s been selling at, and raised the size of the offering. People who wanted the shares are apparently willing to pay up because they couldn’t buy any volume before because of the liquidity problems. Just the way it appears to me.

Saul

Talend Announces Upsizing and Pricing of Follow-On Offering

10:23pm ET, 03/15/2017 - Business Wire

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Mar. 15, 2017-- Talend S.A. (NASDAQ:TLND), a global leader in big data and cloud integration solutions, today announced the pricing of its public offering of 3,289,662 American Depositary Shares (ADSs), each representing one of its ordinary shares, at a price to the public of $28.50 per ADS. The offering was upsized from the previously announced public offering of 3,115,749 ADSs. In addition, the selling shareholders have granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to 493,449 additional ADSs at the public offering price, less underwriting discounts and commissions. The offering is anticipated to close on March 21, 2017, subject to customary closing conditions.

All of the ADSs being sold in the offering are being sold by existing shareholders of the company. Talend will not receive any proceeds from the sale of the ADSs.

3 Likes

Agree Saul - it seems to be maximising the price point and easing liquidity at the same time.
Ant

1 Like

Saul, does this lessen your liquidity concerns previously expressed about purchasing an under-sized position in lieu of a normal 6% to 8% size position?

Saul, does this lessen your liquidity concerns previously expressed about purchasing an under-sized position in lieu of a normal 6% to 8% size position?

Hi slo,
I’ll have to see how liquid it becomes. I suspect it will be somewhat more liquid as even if part is bought by institutions there must be some retail customers buying it too. (But I don’t know that yet).
Saul

1 Like

They are actually selling them at over the price it’s been selling at, and raised the size of the offering. People who wanted the shares are apparently willing to pay up because they couldn’t buy any volume before because of the liquidity problems. Just the way it appears to me.

Looks like I was correct, as they are already up 7% today after the news, and even though it won’t settle until next Tuesday. If they could sell the whole offering and increase its size, and price it all OVER the market it had to be good news.

Saul

2 Likes

I actually tried to purchase some shares in my individual investment account, but currently not tradeable on Robinhood

1 Like

When is Vanguard going to offer a cloud index fund? :slight_smile:

1 Like