This Can''t Be True, Can It? Are We This Far Along For "Field Tests?" Wo-hoah!

Sorry you’re going through this, but glad you’ve been showing progress!

You mention China. I like to follow these guys: https://www.youtube.com/@chinainsights4458

Pretty tough times in China. You’ve got to feel sorry for the “common peasants” as well as all the medical staff. It appears that it’s something the nation will “just” have to go through. Much sickness and pain, much death, much hopelessness.

On a related basis, Peter Zeihan has interesting views. I think he takes some good insights… and then extrapolates those insights… usually to excess. An interesting take on China here: Changing Tides in the Chinese System - YouTube

Regarding health, I’m focused on losing weight. A shade under six feet tall, I was 165#(?) in college, fairly fit thanks to weight lifting and other exercise. Move forward 35 years to 2010, I was around 248#, quite overweight. I finally have been getting serious about resolving this health timebomb and have lost about 32#. Almost out of the obese range per the BMI. I’d like to get down to 200# this year and if I do better, that’s good too.

How? Using “MyNetDiary” to track my intake, with a target of 1.5# loss/week… coupled with walking 3-5 miles a day. Did 4 today. It’s “merely” a matter of determination/persistence, coupled with realizing that perfection each day is not required… flexibility is OK as long as you don’t let it out of control.

Rob
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

1 Like