Welguard Sell The Stock

Your rant seems more suited for the “Political Asylum”. If you don’t like the way a company is run sell the stock or buy the company and run it the way you want. You will be much happier if you don’t make it so personal.

6 Likes

Your rant seems more suited for the “Political Asylum”. If you don’t like the way a company is run sell the stock or buy the company and run it the way you want. You will be much happier if you don’t make it so personal.

First, the name is Welgard. It is an old family Germanic name going back a couple thousand years. Bunch of really old names in the family tree.

Second, it has nothing to do with politics, but everything to do with wage disparity based on a significant increase in SBC for upper level management that isn’t commensurate with their experience or their actual job performance contribution to the company’s top and bottom lines. It is a self-perpetuating cycle that gets worse as executives have an increasing share in their companies and a majority of the votes. My primary problem with SBC is that there are a lot of truly incompetent people getting it (as well as regular salaries too), when there are far more competent people beneath them that either aren’t related to anyone on the board, or weren’t in the right place at the right time. Many companies are absolutely terrible at noticing and grooming talent within their ranks.

Third, I have sold quite a few different stocks because I did not approve of how the company was run. If I had the finances to buy the company and run it the way I want, I totally would. Financially I am pretty well-off, but you’re not going to catch up to senior executives without either a great invention, starting your own business, or absolutely killing it in the stock market, because their earnings accelerate so much faster than yours. I did try the invention route, though General Dynamics made almost all the money there.

Fourth, I am happy, but I am incredibly blunt. I’m not going to sugar-coat anything, but just tell it like it is. Some people are put off by that, and I get it. I’m not ranting, this isn’t me getting angry or hostile - I’m actually very mellow pretty much all the time, and extremely forthright.

Lastly, I don’t particularly appreciate having new posts made calling me out on something. Just reply in-line within the thread, and contribute to the discussion (either for or against my arguments), or offer your advice in this instance.

34 Likes

Gentlemen:

This SBC issue has taken a long and twisted turn.

Maybe in the interest of keeping Saul’s Board clean, it is time to leave this subject for a few months or at least until next earnings call when we can all assess the abuses or nonethereof?

8 Likes