Were I Fed chairman

…I would mess with the pundits obsessing over the imminent(twenty-five basis point? fifty basis point?) fed funds increase by choosing an arbitrary number: thirty-two basis points.

Forty-one.

Nineteen.

We’ll get there regardless, but watching the talking heads instantly take it up an octave as to the New Hidden Message the Fed is sending! would be mildly entertaining.

–sutton
unlikely to be Fed Chair anytime soon

8 Likes

When stocks are doing poorly, they have to have something to talk about. Interest rates fills dead air time. Although hardly worth listening to.

1 Like

We’ll get there regardless, but watching the talking heads instantly take it up an octave as to the New Hidden Message the Fed is sending! would be mildly entertaining.

–sutton
unlikely to be Fed Chair anytime soon

If you want “talking heads” to explode, just say 6.66 basis points or so

BTW, my Brazilian Beer Bet (BBB) aka Ambev (ABEV) dropped into my buying range again today - under $2.75/sh. Happy Cinco de Mayo for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

pauleckler

When stocks are doing poorly, they have to have something to talk about.

On days like today, when ‘wise’ folks hammer the entire market indiscriminately, they irrationally slash everything, even your 24 karat gold companies. There is NOTHING wrong with the companies, they’re just being hammered with the same broad brush.

Today, if I had cash in the till, I’d be adding to AAPL, GOOGL, TSM, and ASML. Maybe even AMZN.

These are those times that folks talk (brag?) about “when there is blood running in the streets”.

1 Like

Today, if I had cash in the till, I’d be adding to AAPL, GOOGL, TSM, and ASML. Maybe even AMZN.

These are those times that folks talk (brag?) about “when there is blood running in the streets”.

Or confessing to prematurely catching a falling knife.

IP

Trade them all for TSLA…

https://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/advchart/frames/frames.asp…

The Captain
electricMan!