What a wonderful day!

I’m pointing this out on my last day of membership. If it wasn’t my last day I wouldn’t bring it up as it’s not worth it.

Chris,

Saul’s board doesn’t require a subscription…It has always been on the “free” boards…

I hope you stick around…love your tales of life in California, the restaurant business, and your thoughts on what you are buying and selling…

11 Likes

I’m pointing this out on my last day of membership. If it wasn’t my last day I wouldn’t bring it up as it’s not worth it.

He realizes this is a free message board, right?
No membership required…

Dreamer

2 Likes

I’m flabbergasted that you seem to think that Saul has a duty to answer every question. The fact that he gives his time so generously and literally has changed the lives of so many here is credit enough for all he does.

34 Likes

Hi, guys,
we should all appreciate Saul and this free board. He does not need to share to any of us. And I made far more $ than any other paid subscription by following his lead. If any of us don’t like certain things, it is free to leave as well. But to blame Saul on the way he manages the board or responds to some questions, that is way beyond the limit in my opinion.

14 Likes

What I got out of Saul’s post is confidence in the process. So, if stocks go down it’s a good chance to buy into that process. Which stocks you buy are up to you. Really, it’s the process I’m learning here; not to freak out, hold the tiller through the storm.

2 Likes

Thanks, Saul and everyone else for your thoughts. Doubled my TWLO position.

"all these “high conviction” stocks were cheaper a month ago (some of them even last week) and yet today they are considered “on-sale”?

that seems odd to me"

This is a very insightful post from carver and caused me to reflect, as I also topped up several of my positions.

I can say in my case I have been selling SA picks that are long in the tooth and not likely to double or triple from the current price, and buying “Saul stocks” (some of which are also SA picks) that have more room for growth.

However, regardless of confidence level I am loathe to jump in with both feet and make a massive switch; I would rather stagger changes in my portfolio.

So I agree that yesterday was not really a bargain; I was just more ready to buy.

1 Like

"all these “high conviction” stocks were cheaper a month ago (some of them even last week) and yet today they are considered “on-sale”?

that seems odd to me"

Growth stocks have to be higher in the future than in the past, otherwise they would be shrink stocks.
:innocent:

BTW, “higher” does not necessarily mean more expensive. Value could have risen faster than price.
:innocent::innocent:

Denny Schlesinger
:innocent::innocent::innocent:

12 Likes

I’m pointing this out on my last day of membership.

Chris, this is a public board so you can still follow it tomorrow. You don’t loose access to the public boards just because you let your paid subscriptions lapse.

RH

I actually didn’t realize that. I though it was part of the premium boards and that getting onto the premium boards one needs to have a subscription to one of the services.

I will continue then to read the board for valuable information when it’s on here.

I’m being open and honest though when I say that if feels like there is a hierarchy here, that there are many like myself that don’t ever want to ask a question because they are going to treated as less than.

Proof is in the amount of recs my post received. It’s a reality.

The above post of a member asking Saul a very simple question and then a few regulars respond to that person as if they did something wrong. Put in their place. That reaction is what silences people.

Overall great work on here everyone. I just ask that new posters to the board, have a little tolerance with them. Most everyone means well and just want to contribute or be part of the process.

Ok, I’m going silent myself. Thanks all.

Chris

41 Likes

feels like there is a hierarchy here, that there are many like myself that don’t ever want to ask a question because they are going to treated as less than.

that’s because there is a hierarchy here, and I think it’s a good thing

It’s Saul’s board, so he certainly gets to make the rules. As the board has grown tremendously in recent years, he has enlisted the help of 3 or 4 fools (sorry don’t know who off the top of my head but I think he lists them on the monday morning rules of the board email) to help police things day to day, and others of us jump in when someone is doing something that is generally known to be forbidden here (e.g. blabbing about TMF or Bert’s paid subscriber information).

Yes there are going to be plenty of things that most people would think are normal to ask or say that are deemed off topic here. We may be blunt and feelings sometimes get a little bit hurt, but that’s something that’s just hard to avoid when we have a community this popular and we want to keep everyone focused on what this board is really about - finding the best investment opportunities in growth companies.

Generally if you’ve read the knowledgebase and read up on some recent discussions, you’re probably not going to say something that will get too much scorn

-mekong

26 Likes

Hey, Chris, send your subscription fee for this board to me. I’ll invest it in Saul stocks!

:wink:

feels like there is a hierarchy here…
-----------

That’s because there is a hierarchy here, and I think it’s a good thing. It’s Saul’s board, so he certainly gets to make the rules. As the board has grown tremendously in recent years, he has enlisted the help of 3 or 4 fools (…he lists them on the monday morning rules of the board) to help police things day to day, and others of us jump in when someone is doing something that is generally known to be forbidden here (e.g. blabbing about TMF or Bert’s paid subscriber information).

Yes there are going to be plenty of things that most people would think are normal to ask or say that are deemed off topic here. We may be blunt and feelings sometimes get a little bit hurt, but that’s something that’s just hard to avoid when we have a community this popular and we want to keep everyone focused on what this board is really about - finding the best investment opportunities in growth companies.

Thanks mekong, for elucidating the situation so clearly! Our board has become enormously popular precisely because it has remained focussed on analyzing and discussing individual growth stocks. The success of our board has brought us huge numbers of new members, some of them new to investing, and it is sometimes an almost overwhelming job to keep the board on track, which is why I’ve asked other board members to become Assistant Managers and to help me out.

If we wander off into discussing technical analysis, or value stocks, or what the market is going to do, or option trading, or income stock strategies, or tax consequences of different kinds of IRA’s, the board would just become a general investing discussion board and it would fall apart as far as a focussed investing board. As I’ve said before, if you were on a board dedicated to French Cooking, you wouldn’t start a thread on how to make Chinese egg rolls, much less how to plant cherry trees, or the best places for skiing near you. This board is for discussing individual growth stocks, plain and simple.

As far as this thread, as leader of the board I felt an obligation to reassure new investors a little when stocks were down 6% to 10% so I posted what I had done, but the thread IS off-topic, so let’s bring it to a close.

Thanks for your understanding, and I hope the board continues to inspire you. It’s amazing to me how many people have written to thank us for having changed their lives and their families’ lives. Let’s keep it that way!

Best wishes to you all,

Saul

70 Likes

Today I took a play from Saul’s playbook and sold one of his lowest conviction stocks (at down 1%) and added to one of his highest conviction stocks (at down 6.1%).

On a different note…

There hasn’t been a lot of discussion recently on Elastic but I have the impression that some here are still a little worried about the company’s lockup expiration and what will happen once insiders start trading shares. Quite awhile ago another member of this group posted a very nice link for reviewing insider trades. His/her link was for a website called “OpenInsider dot com” and here is an example for Elastic (if this doesn’t work try opening the website and entering ESTC)
http://openinsider.com/screener?s=estc&o=&pl=&ph…

The interesting thing about Elastic’s insider trades is that there weren’t a lot of them after the first lockup window expired (early March opening trading for about 25% of insider shares), and there’s been a few since the second lockup window expired (early April). I believe that the company has been in a blackout trading window since April 1st (until three days after earnings), so this month’s trades were probably planned trades that kick off on a regular schedule. By the way, both Katz and Kluge exercised and sold options so their base quantity of shares remained unchanged.

Imply what you want from insider sales but there weren’t a lot of insider sales after the first 25% of shares became trade-able; perhaps that’s a sign that employees expect more upside.

Take care,

VR_Robear

9 Likes

Today I took a play from Saul’s playbook and sold one of his lowest conviction stocks (at down 1%) and added to one of his highest conviction stocks (at down 6.1%).

Wow, how are you able to buy and sell Saul’s stocks?

:wink:

4 Likes