What I do on days like today

Stock prices are driven by stock market(50%), sector (40%), and company 10%.

Let’s try this again…

Not to be argumentative here but I disagree completely with this. If you think 50% of stock prices are based on the market and only 10% of the prices are based on the company itself, then how is it so many of the stocks discussed here are up exponentially compared to the market? I think this board and the results everyone posts every month disprove this theory vehemently.

I’ll admit I’m fairly new to this as I’ve only been doing this six months or so but my portfolio during that time is up roughly 140% compared to the S&P up 14%. Another portfolio I have is up 21% in the past two and a half months compared to the market being down in that time. I’m no stock genius. I listen to the experts here and at PBMM, learn from them, and make decisions after reading about the company - not the market or the sector.

I do believe as we saw yesterday each price can and often is impacted by the market as a whole but to say 50% compared to 10% based on the company itself, I think that’s rather absurd.

6 Likes

Substantially OT, but perhaps worth a rebuke…

In our world today where I find it extremely difficult to participate in discussions with friends and family at times due to the supercharged climate and in a world today where you feel like you must edit yourself constantly when participating in the various public forums of social media; Saul’s board provides to me a haven from all of the nonsense. It is truly the only place I go to on a daily basis where I can rely on the fact that the discourse will be civil and informative.

Thanks to Saul and all Participants.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS OT POST

38 Likes