Zack's Ratings - A record

For the first time ever, three of my stocks are Zacks 1 at the same time (Strong Buy)
(HUBS, LGIH, NVDA)

And four are Zacks 2 (Buy)
(ANET, SPLK, SQ, BLUE)

And all the rest are Zacks 3 (Hold)

No Zacks 4 or 5.

I can’t believe it! But it will change by tomorrow.
:wink:

Saul

8 Likes

I wrote the following on July 17th:

For the first time ever, three of my stocks are Zacks 1 at the same time (Strong Buy). They are HUBS, LGIH, and NVDA…
And four are Zacks 2 (Buy). They are ANET, SPLK, SQ, BLUE…
And all the rest are Zacks 3 (Hold)
No Zacks 4 or 5.

I can’t believe it! But it will change by tomorrow.
:wink:
Saul

Well, a month later it has changed:
I now have one Zack’s 1, which is NVDA, and one Zack’s 5, which is AMZN, and most of the rest are Zack’s 3.

Actually I’m no longer in Amazon, having sold out after more than a year at prices ranging from $1020 to $960, and probably averaging about $985. As I have mentioned, I have several reasons:

First: Danger of anti-trust action in a company that controls 45% of online commerce, and is feuding publically with a powerful politician.
Second: Their size makes tripling anytime soon seem pretty remote.
Third: Their cash cow AWS is no longer the only frog in the pond. It is getting significant competition from Microsoft, and even a bit from Google.
Fourth: And important to me, after being profitable for a couple of quarters, they have made it abundantly clear that they have abandoned that dull and boring course of action.

Best,

Saul

17 Likes

Saul, out of curiosity, do you subscribe to some of Zack’s services, or do you get the ratings from some other source?

I just happened to be on their site and saw that they are advertising that some of their picks have averaged a 26% gain over some time period (which sounded oddly familiar having spent some time here on this board).

First: Danger of anti-trust action in a company that controls 45% of online commerce, and is feuding publically with a powerful politician.

Did today’s announcement of the Walmart/Google voice ordering partnership change your thinking any on the anti-trust risk for Amazon? I would say it decreases that risk slightly, which as a positive to Amazon might outweigh the negative of the actual increase in competition that will result from the partnership (somewhat like NVDA having AMD in the GPU-sphere rather than crushing them fully and like Intel having AMD in the CPU-space rather than fully crushing them).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/technology/google-walmart…

Saul, out of curiosity, do you subscribe to some of Zack’s services, or do you get the ratings from some other source?

I can’t remember actually, but I think I have a long term subscription to their most basic service.

I just happened to be on their site and saw that they are advertising that some of their picks have averaged a 26% gain over some time period.

I’ve never used them for investing because they are VERY short term. A #1 rating means analysts are raising estimates (and fair value points, or price targets), and all that changes from day to day (as my recent examples just showed). #5 means reducing those estimates and targets, as I roughly remember it.

Saul