Zscaler gets Fed Gov't Authorization

News release today with my summary below. It sounds like a big deal to me, but what do I know?

Zscaler Private Access-Government (ZPA-Government), meets the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) moderate security requirements and was granted Authority to Operate by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).

It is the first Zero Trust remote access platform that has received FedRAMP approval. This authorization enables Zscaler to expand its sales pursuit of the Federal market.

FedRAMP is a federal program that assures a standardized, government-wide approach to security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring, for cloud products and services.

With this milestone, Zscaler can market and sell its cloud service to government agencies wanting to access sensitive applications and data from anywhere on any device, while maintaining the highest levels of security and performance set by FedRAMP’s stringent security compliance standards.

Saul

16 Likes

I first ran across FEDRAMP with Everbridge (recently approved)

It is basically a gate and stamp of approval to sell into the Federal Government.

So yes, a positive step, but profits and TAM depends on product and customer.

I think ZS and EVBG find wins here.

2 Likes

Yes, this is very important. Gov is very late to getting to the cloud, but this will help - lots of growth will come from the Gov and FedPamp is a set of security guidelines that cloud providers must adhere to in order to host Gov data.

ZScaler is awesome.

1 Like

My previous company (which I just left last month, but was at for almost 7 years) has been pursuing FedRAMP approval for over 5 years now. This is NOT an easy thing. It takes a significant amount of effort, auditing, mitigation, and and remediation to prove that your system is secure enough for government use in the cloud!

Heck, we were, at one point, just trying to get FedRAMP approval for our own secure data center, and, despite being a security company, founded by some rather famous white-hat hackers who have testified before Congress, we still couldn’t do this easily or quickly.

Many millions of dollars were spent in pursuit of FedRAMP approval because of the many, many, man hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue it was believed we would then have access to.

So, yeah, FedRAMP approval is kind of a HUGE deal!

Paul

14 Likes