3 stocks for consideration

Greetings. I just wanted to share 3 stocks that came I came across while perusing various lists of mine. These may not be the stocks with the fastest growing revenue or ESP, but their share prices are doing well and at least one of them (THO) seems to be picking up steam in terms of ESP (last 3 quarters vs last 3 years). They are also stocks that mutual funds have been adding to their holdings recently according to IBD. Below are some IBD metrics that are of interest. I may at some point make the types of tables that Saul does for his stocks - but it is not looking like that may be any time soon, but I figured I would anyway post this today. All get good rating on CAPS and at least ESNT and THO seem relatively cheap compared to growth rate at first glance (sorry to not have the PEG numbers here).

Ticker ESNT THO WAL
EPS % Chg Last Qtr 42 54 23
Last 3 Qrts Avg % EPS Growth 43 33 28
EPS Est % Growth Current Qrtr 32 24 15
Last 3 Yr EPS % Growth rate 51 23 26
EPS Est % Growth Current Yr 22 27 15
Sales % Growth last Qrtr 30 66 23
Last 3 Yr Sales Growth rate 50 15 26
Annual ROE (%) 18.1 22.6 15.4
IBD Composite Rating 1-99 96 98 99

ommar

2 Likes
I see that the format of the table got totally butchered when I posted.  My apologies - I see some formatting options below the posting window that am going to try - hopefully they work. 
Thanks
ommmar

Ticker	                        ESNT	THO	WAL
EPS % Chg Last Qtr	        42	54	23
Last 3 Qrts Avg % EPS Growth	43	33	28
EPS Est % Growth Current Qrtr	32	24	15
Last 3 Yr EPS % Growth rate	51	23	26
EPS Est % Growth Current Yr	22	27	15
Sales % Growth last Qrtr	30	66	23
Last 3 Yr Sales Growth rate	50	15	26
Annual ROE (%)	                18.1	22.6	15.4
IBD Composite Rating 1-99	96	98	99
8 Likes

Ommar,

I don’t know anything about THO and WAL, but ESNT was brought to this board as a suggestion I think about 6 months ago by someone (apologies to the Poster that suggested it, as I don’t remember who it was). Not a lot of discussion about it, but I liked what I saw (a very consistent grower at a good price) and bought some then, and have been adding to it since.

I will take a look when I have some time at THO and WAL and see what they’re all about.

Thor Industries (THO) has come through my ‘Saul2’ screen for the last year. Also PATK. Both are in the recreational vehicle/mobile home industry and both near each other in… Indiana? Also, MF has had a recommendation in this general field recently. Thesis being U.S.-centric vacationing, more retirees. I suspect low interest rates make the purchase more affordable (and isn’t INBK making loans on these?)

Anyway, I haven’t been sold on the industry and I don’t know how the stocks have done but growth in revenue and earnings is good and the 1yrPEG was good enough to pass the screen consistently. There is an element of consolidation in the PATK story, I believe. I think they make stuff that goes in the vehicles/homes and it is vaguely like MIDD with regard to buying appliances that fill the gap in their offerings.

Not a great deal of help but its all I know from (failing) memory.

KC

2 Likes

Ommar,

I was the Poster who presented an argument for ESNT. I have been trying to find time to post my last summary that includes the most recent quarter, but have been just way too busy with my day job lately:-(

I will post an update as soon as I can. ESNT has been a very good investment for me having doubled or so in the last year. It is still sporting a very attractive YPEG.

Best,
DT

1 Like

I just wanted to share 3 stocks that came I came across while perusing various lists of mine.

Hi Ommar, Welcome to the board and thanks for posting. However let me make a suggestion: If you’d like to interest people on the board in stocks you are following and start a discussion of them, if you just list several tickers and a few statistics about them not very many people will pay attention. It works much better if you:

Give the actual name of the company (Thor Industries, instead of just THO).

Tell us what industry it’s in and what it actually does in its industry? Is it a established veteran or a new upstart, etc.?

Perhaps a little about why you like it: Why you think it has a good future? What advantages it has? New products? Changes in the economy that will benefit it? Does it have a most? Does it have any recurring income?

And THEN, include those statistics.

That may sound intimidating, but if you are familiar at all with the company it won’t take very long, and you will get much more response.

Best, and again, Welcome!

Saul

7 Likes