Almost Only Counts in Horseshoes & Hand Grenade

Almost Only Counts in Horseshoes & Hand Grenades

Mother of James Foley - who was kidnapped and beheaded by ISIS ‘Beatles’ - reveals she’s MET one of the extremists in prison and that he came ‘very close’ to apologizing

Diane Foley’s son, journalist James Foley, was kidnapped by the ISIS group and later beheaded

Foley visited one of her son’s captors - Alexanda Kotey - in prison, where she says he seemed to be feeling remorse, while explaining to her his motivations

Kotey - a British native serving life in prison in the US - agreed to meet with his victims’ families as a part of a plea deal that would transfer him to a British prison

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10933229/Mother-man…

1 Like

IMHO the correct phrase is:

CLOSE Only Counts in Horseshoes, Hand Grenades & Tactical Nukes.

:wink:

sunrayman
Cold War vet

1 Like

"IMHO the correct phrase is:

CLOSE Only Counts in Horseshoes, Hand Grenades & Tactical Nukes."

For me it was, “CLOSE Only Counts in Horseshoes & Hand Grenades.”

It was one hitch for me, the Navy let me go home when they ended the "Cuban Missile extension…

June 14th was Flag Day and at 12:00PM PDT I said the pledge of allegiance while on my walk and was by a home that flies the flag every day. Due to some action on the street I had a half dozen+ police officers nearby… I wonder what was going through their minds???

Several people have thanked me when I was saluting their flag…

Regards, Ken (I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.)

2 Likes