Amazon Pharmacy generic drugs--$5/mo subscription for ALL your generic Rx for 30 days (not $5/Rx)

Amazon Pharmacy has started a $5/month subscription. You get ALL the prescription drugs you need for one month for $5 from the drugs listed on their site. Doesn’t work for me because I already get most generic drugs for $0 if they mail them to me (90 day refills). I really only pay the co-pay for the non-generics, which is maybe $30-50 per month for 3-5 months. Then hit max cap, which is when all the co-pays are $0 for the rest of the year.

Do you have a link to a story about this? I couldn’t find anything that was written about this recently.

1 Like

Thanks. I was looking for a news story.

Amazon Pharmacy is likely testing it, to see if it could work. Only offering generics cuts out a lot of people, in most cases. In my situation, it could work–if I wanted to do the work. I don’t want to because my existing PBM already has a competing plan that works–free generics with 90-day prescriptions. Cheaper than $5/mo, and quarterly means fewer potential problems down the line (over time). More chances something gets lost with 12 monthly shipments/yr than 4 quarterly (larger) shipments/yr. It is all delivered via USPS, so the delivery system is the same.

Prime membership is expensive.

If you know someone in need.

1 Like

Depends if you already buy stuff from Amazon. If you do, then you could already have a Prime membership. I got Prime because I need to buy items when I see I need them. Prices are competitive to non-Amazon sellers, so the “cost of shipping” is $0 for me for most items ordered. I need ONE something for $6, I get it from Amazon in 1-3 days in most cases.

Cost Plus is ok, but Amazon is usually cheaper. $5 shipping by Cost Plus is only part of the problem. And Amazon Pharmacy offers a far wider range and scope of drugs. I know because I did a direct comparison between them for a variety of generic drugs–if they were offered by Cost Plus. In many cases, they were not. So have to go somewhere else anyway. Which kind of defeats the purpose of cheap, generic drugs that work when they are not made (yet?).

2 Likes