AMZN AWS up Big.

AMZN posted blow out earnings tonight. AMZN is my second largest core holding and calculating its 206.00 AH rise is stock price I’m now up over 2800% in my AMZN holdings. Wowza.

So AWS revenue for the quarter was 10 billion, up 34%. Looks great.

I’d think that this might be a very good sign for the cloud names that are involved in and around this sector. Would think this news might raise most boats tomorrow as it’s certainly effected AMZNs stock price after hours.

Just more good news for the sector in general. Assuming better news for some that are involved with AMZN and some others might be effected negatively by AMZNs AWS success?

Interested to see how this may end up playing out.

TMB

3 Likes

Great to seeing Amazon AWS keeps high growth rates on this scale, but I will more interesting on this few points Amazon IR posted on press release.

AWS announced a new innovative highly-scalable, cost-saving warm storage tier for Amazon Elasticsearch Service called UltraWarm that makes it easier for customers to retain any amount of current and historical log data at up to one-tenth the current cost and is 80% less than the cost of warm-tier storage from other managed Elasticsearch offerings.

AWS announced Amazon Managed (Apache) Cassandra Service, a scalable, highly available, and fully-managed database service that supports Cassandra workloads. Developers can use the same Cassandra application code, Apache 2.0 licensed drivers, and tools as they do today to run, manage, and scale workloads on Amazon Managed Cassandra Service without having to worry about managing the underlying infrastructure. And, because it’s serverless, it also removes the need to provision, configure, and operate large Cassandra clusters, manually add or remove nodes, and rebalance partitions as traffic scales up or down.

AWS announced three new services and capabilities that make it easier for customers to build and operate securely. Amazon Detective analyzes trillions of data points, using machine learning, statistical analysis, and graph theory to make it easier to visualize and conduct faster and more efficient security investigations; AWS IAM Access Analyzer makes it simple for security teams and administrators to audit resource policies for unintended access by analyzing hundreds or even thousands of policies across a customer’s environment in seconds, and delivering detailed findings about resources that are accessible from outside the account; and AWS Nitro Enclaves is a new Amazon EC2 capability that makes it easy for customers in healthcare, financial services, energy, media and entertainment, and other data-intensive industries to process highly sensitive data, like personally identifiable information and intellectual property on their compute instances, particularly from internal threats within their own accounts.

AWS announced that customers can start using AWS Fargate for Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), making it easier for customers to run Kubernetes applications on AWS. AWS Fargate, which provides serverless computing for containers, has substantially changed the way developers manage and deploy their containers. Launched two years ago to work with Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), AWS Fargate has been broadly requested by Kubernetes customers. Now, with AWS Fargate for Amazon EKS, customers can run Kubernetes-based applications on AWS without the need to manage servers and clusters.

22 Likes