AMZN Mkt Share vs Margin

Andy:
You aren’t obligated to buy anything anywhere.

b&w

Exactly and that is why they calling it shopping. So if a company is unable to compete they will go out of business. I remember the last time I bought a car I had a dealer in my hometown competing with a dealer in another state. The dealer in my hometown tried to make me feel bad for shopping out of my state.

Recently I was out looking at fifth wheels and the manager of the complex told me he would match anyone’s price anywhere. Even if the trailer is on Ebay. He is definitely competing.

Everyone needs a job but not everyone is guaranteed a job. If you can’t compete you will not be making a living. With all of the AI and robotic jobs coming into the market everyone of us has to be smarter in the jobs that we work in. Just today Amazon started a new store without cashiers. You can’t stop progress so everyone needs to be smarter.

Andy

3 Likes

I think it can easily more than triple on-line sales.

We have to keep in mind, on-line sales are only fraction of all sales world-wide. Numbers vary anywhere from 5-20%, but either way there total number of on-line sales can easily more than triple. This gives them room to grow a lot.

Also need to consider only about half the world is “connected”. As more people get online, sales will continue to grow.

I guess you can look at it like they have 1/3 of total addressable market, but that TAM is growing in several ways.

Kevin

1 Like

Not to mention AMZN has a massive cash printing machine called AWS that is quickly becoming the largest revenue and profit contributor to the AMZN enterprise to grow market share, in-house shipping, etc. and eventually more profitability on the retail part of AMZN. Not aware that AMZN’s retail competitors have any other cash generators anywhere close to this to keep up with AMZN retail. Has the horse already left the barn? Has the ship already sailed? With AMZN putting more than a dent in big box retailers in the same way Walmart put Mom and pop bricks and mortar retailers out of business…fast forward 5-10 years and imagine what THIS end game could look like? With the amount of $ AMZN stands to eventually bring in, could it be that it becomes hard to think that big? What an exciting and wild ride.

sjo

1 Like

actually the car company (Tesla) owns both the showroom and the WWW site

But you are not doing anything wrong to test one product and buy another. Is it “theft” to test drive a Ford and then buy a Chevy? I think not,

Purely anecdotal but I went to my local Way Mart twice last week . The smallest number of shoppers I can ever remember for this time of year.

Wal-Mart may be selling more online but it’s www site is disorganized ,has mostly infective search, and you pay for most shipping.