An idea that gets floated from time to time

Laura Martin, Needham & Co. Senior Media & Internet Analyst, joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss how she believes Apple needs to buy Disney to grow the Vision Pro headset.

1 Like

Great. And then Ron DeSantis can start persecuting Apple too. :frowning:

2 Likes

Analysts who recommend giant strategies to Apple are, in my humble opinion, FoS.

• Buy Disney.
  • Buy Tesla to get the Apple Car out there.
  • Ditch the Mac and focus on the iPhone.
  • Don’t bother making an Apple Phone – the market is saturated already.
  • Ditch the Mac and focus on iPods.
  • Ditch hardware entirely and focus on services.
  • License the Mac operating system to PC makers.
  • Switch to Windows and focus on making really cool Wintel hardware.

I’m sure there are other long-forgotten hare-brained analyst suggestions to Apple, but this is what I could remember in a couple of minutes or less.

-awlabrador

5 Likes
Laura Martin, Needham & Co. Senior Media & Internet Analyst, joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss how she believes Apple needs to buy Disney to grow the Vision Pro headset.

Such good advice! Also, they should have bought Capitol Records back in 1995 to grow the iPod. And Netscape back in 2008 to grow the iPhone. And the New York Times in 2013 to grow the iPad. Because nothing says “management competence” like buying an unallied business with a middling market share that you have no experience running than that.

4 Likes

And all these hare-brained schemes have yet another two things that are incredibly bad:

1. They all end up attaching a non-“Apple” style to Apple. That is something that could easily destroy the company, both its culture and its performance.
  2. They all have lower margins than Apple, and since they are gigantic, they end up being dilutive.
1 Like