ANET. time to buy more?

…before earnings?
… or after?

tj

Ask me again in about 20 minutes

:slight_smile:

If I knew the answer to that, I could retire a lot earlier.

8 Likes

Crazy, crazy end of the day price movement on Arista Networks.

Having considered buying a/some call option(s), seeing the bids on the $190 $195 and $200 Nov 17 strikes was pretty crazy.

I ended up with none, only the shares that I previously purchased.

I’d sure like to know. But I’ll take a nap and wake up to the disaster (or lack thereof me hopes).

Tinker

I asked because someone took a cue from Oclaro and the China market…some did sell on that ‘news’ but I don’t think it is quite the right cue to take…

tj

Arista beats by $0.43, beats on revenue
Nov. 2, 2017 4:06 PM ET|About: Arista Networks, Inc. (ANET)|By: Jignesh Mehta, SA News Editor

Arista (NYSE:ANET): Q3 EPS of $1.62 beats by $0.43.

Revenue of $437.63M (+50.8% Y/Y) beats by $19.13M.

Shares +7.63%.

5 Likes

https://investors.arista.com/Communications/Press-Releases-a…

Third Quarter Financial Highlights

Revenue of $437.6 million, an increase of 8.0% compared to the second quarter of 2017, and an increase of 50.8% from the third quarter of 2016.
GAAP gross margin of 64.1%, compared to GAAP gross margin of 64.1% in the second quarter of 2017 and 64.2% in the third quarter of 2016.
Non-GAAP gross margin of 64.4%, compared to non-GAAP gross margin of 64.4% in the second quarter of 2017 and 64.6% in the third quarter of 2016.
GAAP net income of $133.7 million, or $1.68 per diluted share, compared to GAAP net income of $51.3 million, or $0.69 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2016.
Non-GAAP net income of $128.2 million, or $1.62 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $61.2 million, or $0.83 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2016.
"I am proud of our record results and profits in Q3 2017,” stated Jayshree Ullal, Arista President and CEO. “Our performance validates our meaningful traction with customers as they evolve from legacy to universal cloud networking designs.”

Commenting on the company’s financial results, Ita Brennan, Arista’s CFO, said, “We are pleased with our execution and strong financial performance in the quarter".

2 Likes

They beat me to the nap. Looks like they kicked butt! Always in the forward looking details.

However the stock moves in regard I’ve made no ambiguity in regard to my investment in ANET. It is large and I lose no sleep over it.

Now one less anxiety to sleep on.

Btw the run rate on earning is nearly equal to the $6.50 high and outlying earnings estimate. Which is the number for for are earnings I’ve been using for 2018. Things are always seasonal of course but at this pace all those forward earning probjections will need to be raised only pending bad forward guidance fron ANET.

Tinker

4 Likes