B of I

I use Fidelity for trading and it includes what it says is a consensus for each stock (where available) of projected 3-5 year growth, as well as projected growth from this year to next year. The projected growth for B of I from this year to next year is 27%. But the forward long term (3-5 years) growth rate is listed at only 10%. Based on this, the PEG ratio (5 year projected) is listed at 1.99%. B of I is one of my largest and most successful holdings, but this projected long term growth rate concerns me. I am going to try to get behind this projection and will let you know if I find anything out. I’d also be interested in knowing how others view these numbers.

As an aside, I have greatly enjoyed this board, and have been a shameless lurker, largely because I haven’t taken the time to do research that I think would benefit others. I will try to change that and, in the meantime - thanks Saul!

Macculloch

3 Likes

What is B of I?

Thanks.

Denny Schlesinger

BOFI - Bank of Internet.
Great company. Poor name choice IMO.

macculloch - “B of I is one of my largest and most successful holdings, but this projected long term growth rate concerns me. I am going to try to get behind this projection and will let you know if I find anything out. I’d also be interested in knowing how others view these numbers.”

BOFI is 3.46% of my portfolio with an ROIC of 14.92%, at this moment in time, according to my MF Scorecard and I am also interested in how others would rate this stock (buy, hold, sell). BTW BOFI was an SN recommendation.

Thanks