Best buys now

I’ve been looking through my holdings and recent sells to find companies that I think have the best combination of upside of stock price and/or conviction of company business performance. The concerns that the market has for many of these companies will probably not be put to rest for another two or three quarters. So I am asking myself where I would shift or add money with an eye to performance over the 9 t o 12 months. I have no new research but after reading the boards,
my list:

1. SKX. I think this is concern over low growth of U.S. sales last quarter plus comments on backlog and inventory which may have caused an over reaction. Upside is less than others, but my confidence in the company’s performance is highest.
  2. INFN. It gets no respect. Never sell to tier 1. Too much competition in data centers. Etc. IMO, more upside than SKX and just a little less confidence.
  3. SWKS. Risk of being a commodity. Apple syndrome. I feel good about their prospects buy they will have to drag the chip company anchor as the price moves up.
  4. INBK. This one has no “rebound” potential because it has not been hammered by the October winds. Continued company performance and corresponding stock price increase.
  5. BOFI. I think the company performance will continue to show up in the quarterly reports. With each week, month, quarter with no regulatory action the price will go up. I think there is a high probability of company performance and likelihood that nothing comes from the legal side. On those two parameters BOFI would be #1 or #2 but there is a more digital outcome if an investigation is announced. I don’t think the Earhart suit is too much an issue because his damages would seem to be small but something regulatory…, ouch!

What do you think? What “best buys now” do you have from the “Saul’s” stock list of current and recent stocks?

KC

19 Likes

None really because I do not buy without RS, preferably 3, 6 and 12 months.

Aside from that, the ones that qualify on my rather serious requirements are SWKS and ABMD, both definitely in the ‘dangerous to swim here’ part of the beach.

Oh for the grand old days of PII and stuff you could believe in! (And oh for a market without central banks.)

Strelna,

Thanks for the input. I didn’t have ABMD on the list because of my confusion regarding their comments on 5%, 22% total addressable market, the 32% CAGR and the 71% penetration of targeted hospitals for the 2.5 and 52% penetration for the CP. After seeing ABMD on your ‘non-list’, I went back and re-read and re-re-read the transcript and think I understand. I guess they have carefully selected the hospitals to which they are marketing So I need to reconsider. Which is why I posted the best buys question in the first place.

Thanks,

KC

I’ve been looking through my holdings and recent sells to find companies that I think have the best combination of upside of stock price and/or conviction of company business performance. The concerns that the market has for many of these companies will probably not be put to rest for another two or three quarters. So I am asking myself where I would shift or add money with an eye to performance over the 9 t o 12 months. I have no new research but after reading the boards,
my list:

Nice analysis KC, I think if you spread your best buy money between the five of them, you will do well.
Saul

2 Likes