Buffett's eating habits

I’m amazed by Warren Buffett’s atrocious diet. Is he a space alien with some weird body chemistry?

He doubles down on everything we should be avoiding - saturated fat overdoses, sodium overdoses, refined grains, refined sugars, deep-fried vegetable seed oils, high fructose corn syrup, and caramel coloring. On the other hand, he never seems to eat the foods we should be doubling down on, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and probiotic foods. Good luck getting fiber, magnesium, potassium, and phytonutrients. This diet sounds like a recipe for diabetes, cancer, strokes, heart attacks, dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other deadly diseases. Even my college dorm dining hall diet (my unhealthiest ever) was MUCH healthier than the Warren Buffett Diet.

I’m over 40 years younger than Buffett. I was born during the bear market of 1973-1974. I was in elementary school when Berkshire Hathaway bought Nebraska Furniture Mart. I was in high school at the time of the Wells Fargo acquisition. I’m part of the Goonies and Saved By The Bell Generation.

I’d never be able to go anywhere or do anything if I emulated Warren Buffett’s diet, because I’d have a permanent food coma. It would get even worse once the sugar rush and caffeine rush wore off. Oh, wait, soda pop is so disgusting that I’d probably puke my guts out if I tried to drink all that Coke.

Another side effect I get from large, greasy meals is a thirst so persistent that no amount of water can quench it. It’s probably from overdosing on the sodium and throwing my body’s electrolyte balance out of whack.

I’ve been avoiding junk food for the past 2 years but doubling down on the healthy foods. I’m not concerned about my weight, my figure, or my blood cholesterol. Instead, I need all the immune system support and anti-inflammatory support I can get. (And all this is IN ADDITION to vaccination, masking up, and physical distancing.)

I’m guessing that some of my favorite junk foods won’t taste as good to me in the future. I’m guessing that the side effects of restaurant foods (food coma and excessive thirst) will be even more pronounced in the future.

Warren Buffett reminds me of George Burns, the comedian who chain-smoked cigars, yet lived to age 100. Buffett is the George Burns of junk food.

3 Likes

Genetics plays a huge role in overall health.

So many stories out there about real old people(those older than me :)), smoking, drinking, eating whatever they want and don’t have any diseases or problems with it and live to their 90’s or more.
It’s really hard to comprehend.

Heart disease and diabetes run in my family, so does cancer. At one time or maybe a few depending on how you look at relapses, I’ve been 300 lbs. I never had any high cholesterol or high blood pressure and I still don’t and I’ve been at a healthy body weight for 16 years now and my food is devoid of fat, flour, sugar, white starches-bread, rice and potatoes. I plan on staying healthy but still I can’t avoid my genetic background, all I can do is do the best I can to stay healthy, even if it kills me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes