bye bye JUNO

I sold my JUNO shares on Monday for $86.11 as I saw the 89 cents was not worth waiting for…better to redeploy my money into something else. What did I buy from my JUNO proceeds?

I bought a 1% position in ATRA, another I-O biotech company. I paid about $30.50 per share. It’s a new position for me and I don’t yet know that much about it. Probably won’t have time to analyze it thoroughly until after I’ve analyzed the December quarter’s results for my other stocks. It’s a 1.3B market cap company and has a few drugs in the pipeline. Biotechs seem to be on quite a rally after the JUNO acquisition…probably because more mergers/buyouts are probably expected. ATRA is already up 16% for me after 2 days…

I put the bulk of my JUNO proceeds back into WIX. I had sold most of my WIX down to a 2% position. Now my position in WIX is back up to 6.3%.

Chris

9 Likes
Chris,  you have been spot on with what I think are your last three bio tech picks.  I have spent the evening reading about Altra Bio.  I can see potential here although there has had quite a run in stock price since Jan 2nd. 

What has attracted you most to this stock?

Is it Epstien Barr Virus treatment for MS or Cancer?

Regardless, it was good to read about EBV frequency in MS patients. I was diagnosed with MS at age 60 (go figure)

I really respect your thoughts on this,

thanks,
Jim

It is late for me I meant Atara Bio (ATRA). sorry for the misspell.

I put the bulk of my JUNO proceeds back into WIX. I had sold most of my WIX down to a 2% position. Now my position in WIX is back up to 6.3%.

Nice move, Chris. WIX is well undervalued in terms of EV/Sales. Look forward to the Q4 results.

Alex

Jim,

What has attracted you most to this stock?

It’s an I-O stock. I think the field is promising. I was influenced to buy it because I had just sold JUNO and I had some extra money laying around. Why ATRA specifically? I like that they don’t need to custom manufacture their drug. Phase III trials are starting this year so we may start to get some study updates which, if positive, can move the stock. But as I said, I have not researched it yet. I bought a 1% position to force myself to research it. It’s a trial position and currently still speculative for me. I currently don’t have the level of confidence about ATRA that I had/have with either JUNO or NKTR. I posted my purchase with the hope that others would also do some research on the company.

Chris

1 Like

Based on one of the Motley Fool podcasts, I purchased JUNO 9/1/2017 for $45.23 per share. The podcasts have been a great source of ideas for me.

TracyK

6 Likes