CELG must buy JUNO or BLUE

CELG’s main source of revenue is potentially at risk from CAR-T technology. Therefore, it cannot allow other big biopharma companies to buy both JUNO and BLUE. It must buy one of them. JMO.

1 Like

Well, Juno has jumped another 15% this morning.

This is probably also true for Roche, who has (or had?) a partnership with Kite and decided against developing in-house. While main rival in its home country (Novartis) recently got the first car-t therapy approved by the fda.

Thomas

1 Like

This is probably also true for Roche, who has (or had?) a partnership with Kite and decided against developing in-house. While main rival in its home country (Novartis) recently got the first car-t therapy approved by the fda.

Thomas

I don’t think Novartis’s CAR-T therapy has been approved by FDA. The final result will come out on or before Sept. 29, 2017.

Alex

<<<I don’t think Novartis’s CAR-T therapy has been approved by FDA. The final result will come out on or before Sept. 29, 2017.>>>

If I recall, the FDA panel recommended approval unanimously or some such thing. Normally the FDA goes by the advice of their panels. I have seen a few times, however, where the FDA went the other way, but those are rare occasions. So the odds of approval are quite high at this point and within the next 30 to 60 days for Novartis.

Tinker

If I recall, the FDA panel recommended approval unanimously or some such thing. Normally the FDA goes by the advice of their panels. I have seen a few times, however, where the FDA went the other way, but those are rare occasions. So the odds of approval are quite high at this point and within the next 30 to 60 days for Novartis.

One source I spoke with said that the Novartis drug is currently time consuming to produce and that 10-15% of patients die waiting for treatment.

Chris

These are early days for this type of drug. In 10-20 years a drug like this might be a simple pill, who knows. But the technology has got to start somewhere, and it creates quite the commercial challenge to produce and deliver a product like this, and all the more so when you know that lives are on the line. But in the same token, drug companies are use to having a placebo group, and lives are always on the line. You can just do the best you can.

That is the big challenge. Obviously one company thinks they can do better with Kite’s pipeline of drugs. And there are follow up companies with pre-clinical drugs waiting to treat more underserved illnesses with better technologies, but still 5 years away at the earliest.

It is too the point that if you are age 55 or younger, you stand a good chance of being around long enough to have your life saved and extended by these new technologies. Heck, if you are 80 these drugs can do the same for you, but I think 55 or younger this sort of stuff will become much more routine.

Heck, I had heart surgery with the daVinci and was home within 3 days. Just another routine day for my surgeon. When did that become routine? So too will this sort of drug technology. But we first have to live with the first generation of such drugs.

Tinker

6 Likes

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/harwood-feffer-llp-announces-…

Giving attorneys a bad name - okay, we all don’t deserve it. Here, trying to make a buck by alleging $12 billion is not a high enough price and therefore Kite should pay the attorneys money to compensate for a meager 300% return because they could have gotten a few points higher had they just been more diligent.

Sigh. :(. No good deeds go unpunished.

Tinker