Chat GPT 4 is integrated into Khan Academy

This is an interview with Salmon Kahn of Khan academy.

It is interesting how Khan Academy has integrated ChatGPT 4. I suppose I should open my account and start learning again.

Cheers
Qazulight

4 Likes

Watch out for Meta’s version which is opensource. Turns out Meta’s is in the wild. It will overshadow ChatGPT, Bing and Bard.

Some within Google have also wondered if open-sourcing A.I. technology may pose a competitive threat. In a memo this month, which was leaked on the online publication Semianalysis.com, a Google engineer warned colleagues that the rise of open-source software like LLaMA could cause Google and OpenAI to lose their lead in A.I.

1 Like

A Chat GPT 4 tutor could be a major threat to the teachers’ union. Does the Kahn Academy publish a curriculum for home schoolers? I bet you could put one together that would allow you to teach it either “flat or round”. {lol}

intercst

2 Likes

I am not sure teachers need to be that worried. The students still need to test in their subjects.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Khan is working on getting Khan Academy accredited. In the interview there is a story of a girl from Afghanistan that took only Khan Academy for 8 years, took an SAT and went to the University of Arizona and is now working as a scientist on something I cannot spell. That was BEFORE chatGPT. With ChatGPT the questions and answers can be a lot more fuzzy and personal.

Cheers
Qazulight

2 Likes

There are always exceptional students who have the bad luck of being born into difficult conditions who eventually “make it” beyond all the odds against them. And good for her.
But learn at home via Zoom during COVID showed that remote learning, on the average, is worse than a teacher in school. Learning via AI is yet to be tested on a large scale and I doubt that it will be better than an in person teacher for many years.
This does NOT mean that AI teachers aren’t a good idea. But the student has to be relatively highly motivated to learn (no cheating) and able to use the technology easily.

Mike

4 Likes