Cheeky bugger!

One of the people responsible for the current inflation has said that “Workers should not ask for big pay rises”

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60206564

The man who said this is Andrew Bailey, governor of the Bank of England who earns a triffling £575,000 per annum.

1 Like

“Workers should not ask for big pay rises”

The BoE needs to follow his advice and reduce his pay by eliminating one of the first three digits of his former pay (£575,000 per annum) to 57k (remove second 5, 75k (remove first 5), or 55k (remove 7).

One of the people responsible for the current inflation has said that “Workers should not ask for big pay rises”

Headed out to a charity book sale today, so had lunch at a Wendy’s/Tim’s combo store that I usually don’t go to.

Big sign on the window “$15/hr”.

butButBUT…the “JCs” have assured us for years that paying people $15/hr would be the end of western civilization.

The world isn’t working like the “JCs” said it would???
/sarcasm

Steve…came out of the book sale empty handed. The interesting books they had, I already have.

butButBUT…the “JCs” have assured us for years that paying people $15/hr would be the end of western civilization.

I suppose it depends on how you define “western civilization” … if you include “open dining room, and open after 3pm” in that definition, then it is indeed true.

2 Likes