Chrome/TTD

Anyone have a feel re if this is applicable for TTD. I know it is for CRTO but not sure it impacts TTD?

https://www.adweek.com/programmatic/google-mulls-third-party…

I am concerned and looking more at this. But to give you an example, we are about to enroll in Eero Plus. Guess what one of the features is? An Ad Blocker, working across all our devices. This is why I think the connected TV ad ambissions of TTD are more important than maybe any other part of their business.

2 Likes

Article required a sign in that I don’t have/want. Is it possible to tell us the concerns you have.

Google seems to be pulling out based on privacy issues that TTD doesn’t have. I doubt the world of advertising is going anywhere because the alternative will not be acceptable. Imagine having to pay for nearly every website you visit.

If there is more to the article, I’d be interested to know the threats.

AJ

2 Likes

If google tightens down the chrome browser where programmatic can’t push advertisements through websites effectively, that is a problem. Or conversely, if the trade desk can’t grab information via the chrome browser, that too is also a problem for their algorithms.

Am I off base? I hope I am.

If TTD is down on unfounded sympathy w CRTO then this is another buy opportunity.

2 Likes

Do you guys have no concept of Copyright laws?

Andy

4 Likes

Andy,

I believe the rule is you can snip a small sample of something as long as you attribute the source via a link and show what part of your post is from another source.

2 Likes

Darth,

I believe the rule is you can snip a small sample of something as long as you attribute the source via a link and show what part of your post is from another source.

Exactly. But here is what was done.

I went through the pain of making an account, took all of 1 minute! Here is the article…

Now I understand people wanting to be helpful but posts like this put the board, and the fool in jeopardy. Posting information from the pay side of the fool and posting whole articles from another site are not acceptable.

Andy

5 Likes

cgall75,

I requested this post be removed since it is a clear copyright violation and is prohibited by TMF.

Paste a small portion of an article with a link to the full article. No more than that.

Gene
All holdings and some statistics on my profile page
http://my.fool.com/profile/gdett2/info.aspx

Thanks Darth, that was helpful.