Cloudflare & Microsoft deepening partnership

Cloudflare and Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) customers can now:

• Deploy Zero Trust Security without changing one line of code: Now joint customers can choose to define specific rules in either Azure AD or in Cloudflare Access i.e. which users can access specific applications based on various factors such as user risk level, device platform, location, etc. and enforce across both products without changing a line of code.
  • Isolate high-risk users automatically with industry leading browser isolation technology: By integrating Cloudflare’s Remote Browser Isolation with Azure AD, high-risk users, such as temporary employees, are contained proactively in a remote browser session for added security.
  • Save IT teams hundreds of hours of manual work: Cloudflare Access will use the System for Cross-Domain Identity Management (SCIM) to directly integrate with Azure AD. Groups are automatically synced across Cloudflare and Azure Active Directory platforms and groups, saving hundreds of hours of manual work from IT teams.
  • Keep sensitive Government data off of the public Internet: By connecting Azure Government Cloud to Cloudflare’s global network via the Secure Hybrid Access (SHA) program, Government customers (‘GCC’) will be able to keep sensitive traffic secure by staying off of the public Internet. Additionally, Government customers (‘GCC’) will be able to define and enforce granular rules defining who can access what using the joint solution from the dashboard without any code changes.

https://cloudflare.net/news/news-details/2023/Cloudflare-Expands-Relationship-with-Microsoft-Makes-Industry-Leading-Zero-Trust-Security-Tools-Easier-than-Ever-to-Deploy/default.aspx

I like this. Making it EASY for customers to use. I like easy. Seems to me that one big difference between NET & ZS is how much friction to get set up. Of course, Muji will probably jump on and say, NO NO NO, its about the same. In which case, I defer to what he’d say on the topic.

haha :wink:

33 Likes