covid 19 impact on some businesses

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-apple-walmart-and-oth….

actually less damage than I expected particularly for some companies. Delta “said it is cutting international capacity by 20% to 25% and domestic capacity by 10% to 15%” .
If you are youngish the Covid 19 virus seems to not to be a big threat to you, no worse than catching the flu. And at this point it looks like WHO estimates for over all fatality rates were way too high.

I was going to nibble today but all the SaaS stocks I might have wanted to buy were either up or not down much.

4 Likes

If you are youngish the Covid 19 virus seems to not to be a big threat to you, no worse than catching the flu. And at this point it looks like WHO estimates for over all fatality rates were way too high.

Depends on your definition of young-ish. If youre talking pediatrics, then yes, PICU folks seem to acknowledge they have not seen any COVID yet.

The Washington state letter published recently in JAMA on the breakdown of the first hospitals mortality of admittedly low N (21), had a range of 43-92 years, and a mean of 70.

I guess if youre talking under 40, you may be right, but this is still more dangerous than flu. It’s anecdotal, but of the dozens of ICU folks I’ve talked to, they all have stories of 30-40 year olds requiring proning or compassionate use of remdesivir. They all admit they rarely do this as often with <40 y/o flu patients. Mortality rate for COVID for 40ish year olds - with or without cormorbidities - is definitely higher than flu.

And we have not even started to get into the cardiomyopathy that seems to occur in a higher number of these severe cases. This still has some shake out to be done.

(sorry for the OT, but for humanities sake, had to get called out).

12 Likes

of course youngish is a non specific term but to me it means 30 or younger. But if I said too young to vote, and healthy, I would say that Covid 19 is at very low risk of killing them .Mortality rates of the general population can only be guessed at until we get wide testing for Covid 19 antibodies.

Hi Mauser, I’m really very sorry but this was exactly the kind of post I asked not to be posted on the board (in my “I’d like to make a suggestion” post), so this will regretfully be deleted. It has nothing to do with the mission of our board.
Best, and again, sorry,
Saul

6 Likes