CRTO

Anyone know why CRTO is up 5.5% today? I can’t find any news on it.

I did hear it mentioned very briefly on CNBC this past Tuesday.

Jim

It’s cheap!?!

Anyone know why CRTO is up 5.5% today? I can’t find any news on it.

I suspect the drop in the dollar versus the Euro has a lot to do with it.

Chris

1 Like

I suspect the drop in the dollar versus the Euro has a lot to do with it.

I don’t really understand that. The euro gained a fraction of a percent against the dollar, so it can’t just be exchange rates pushing up the price. And a strong dollar helps CRTO. From the latest 6K:

In the Americas, Revenue ex-TAC in the first quarter grew by 138% year-over-year, or 101% at constant currency, to €35 million. The Americas represented over 33% of our global Revenue ex-TAC in the first quarter.

So it looks like the strong dollar resulted in an extra 37% YoY growth last quarter on what is now 1/3 of the company’s global revenue after traffic acquisition costs are deducted, and its fastest growing geographical segment (Asia-Pacific was 74% and EMEA was 36%).

I’m not making any claims that the market is rational, though :wink:

Neil
Long CRTO

1 Like

I don’t really understand that. The euro gained a fraction of a percent against the dollar, so it can’t just be exchange rates pushing up the price. And a strong dollar helps CRTO.

On Monday 1 Euro was below $1.12 ($1.114). Earlier today it was as high as $1.143. That’s a very big move in 3 days, a swing up of 2.6%.

Chris

1 Like

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2524606-notable-tech-gainers-wu…

Maybe this is the case? During bull market, whole market is 1% up. And for tech companies with good prospects, their gains are leveraged.

Hex