32 FAF
33 VFC
34 GLW
35 BK
36 CAG
37 DTM
38 HPQ
39 STT

TXN recently increased it’s dividend and is currently yielding over 3%. It’s been quite some time that the yield offered has been this attractive - a bargain for top shelf company IMHO.

Other tickers that I’m planning on adding to in the near future: WSO, UPS, HPQ, and BLK.

Stocks I don’t own that I’m anxiously hope are offered at 3% yield or better soon include: TGT and HD.

Comments and thoughts appreciated.

Rich

4 Likes

No SPG?
Been raising dividends last several Q’s since covid caused them to cut in half.
Fortress balance sheet, great mgmt/CEO.
They were buyers during covid, and came out stronger. Same after GFC.

May go lower, but in 12-18 months likely higher, with the divvys along the way.

Dreamer

1 Like

Hi Dreamer,

Nope, no SPG. No REIT’s of any kind in my port. No MLP’s either.

I’m just not fond of the resulting rules of operation associated with them.(forced to distibute XX% of income). Not healthy for the business long term, imho.

But, thanks for commenting,

Rich

1 Like

Hi Rich,
So are those all of the stocks you own or do you have more? Do you keep up on all of them or do you invest and just check the dividends every quarter?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Just the 39. No more no less. I keep up on them as best as I can. The top 20 or so I’ve owned for many years and that makes it a little easier to follow.

How many tickers do you own?

Rich

Hi again Andy,

I should elaborate. I actual maintain a database of over 200 dividend paying stocks that I follow closely as best as I can. I refer to this database as my “Universe” of potential stocks to buy/own someday. Although I expect I’ll never ever own more than about 40ish different names at any one time. But there is no hard rule on this. So, its market dependent how many names I own and the lack of available cash can be a factor too.

I like to own the “best” dividend payers available.

Rich

1 Like

Hi Rich,
I own 16 tickers all together. But I am constantly looking at different companies trying to find the best that I can. Most of mine are growth stocks though. Thanks for your reply.

Andy

1 Like

Hi Andy,

16 is good number. It wasn’t that long ago that I owned about that many.

As I approached retirement, I intentional sought to diversify my dividend income stream. This was almost a necessity as most of the stocks I owned were yielding way less than 3% (pricey market). So I went with new names in dinks and dunks.

Now there are an abundance of choices. Gotta love this market!

Rich

1 Like