Cyber good news bad news.

Reuters offers:
Brace for Russian cyber attacks as Ukraine crisis deepens, Britain says
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/brace-russian-cyber-att…

LONDON, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Britain warned big business on Friday to bolster defences against possible Russian cyber attacks …

The putative trigger is “Ukraine”.

I expect LOTS of cybersecurity attacks. Not necessarily due to Ukraine. I just think “cyber” is the new frontier.

GOOD NEWS … if you own, like I do, cybersecurity stocks (such as CRWD, ZS, S, PANW, and others).

And.
2022 is an election year here in the US.

A cyber attack on Ukraine earlier this month warned Ukrainians to “be afraid and expect the worst”. Ukraine said Moscow was behind the attack.

BAD NEWS for social media, and the attempts to remove “fake news” and subversive/radicalizing disinformation memes.

I expect continued efforts at “disinformation”, all around.
The world’s top cyber offensive powers are the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia and China, according to a 2020 ranking by the Belfer Center at Harvard’s Kennedy School.

:alien:
ralph

1 Like

I just got done watching “Zero Days”, which is available on Hulu at the moment. It’s the story of the NSA program Olympic Games, known to all of us as Stuxnet. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Especially if investing in the cyber defense space.

I can also recommend the book “Click Here to Kill Everyone”. And I’m about to read “This is How They Tell Me the World Ends: The Cyberweapons Arms Race”.

2 Likes