Does Anybody Really Know AI?

Lot of talk about AI and related stuff especially as it relates to one of our all time favorites: NET. As a curiosity I looked up some ETFs that say they specialize in AI stuff and here are a handful and their top ten holdings:

1. AIQ

META
NVDA
CRM
MSFT
Apple
Tesla
AMZN
Alphabet
Oracle
Siemens

1. ROBT

Blackberry
AVAV
Halma PLC
EBIT
QinetiQ
TopCon
DT
ServiceNow
Palo Alto
Illumina

1. THNQ

SHOP
MSFT
Alphabet
NVDA
AMZN
AMD
Fair Isaac
Verisk Analytics
MELI
MDB

1. LRNZ

SNOW
NVDA
IOT
AMD
MBLY
S
CRWD
Schrodinger
DDOG
OKTA

1. IRBO

META
SPOT
IQ
NVDA
Meitu
KingSoft
Sumo Logic
HUBS
Microstrategy
Global Unichip

1. BOTZ

ISRG
NVDA
ABB
Keyence
ABB
Fanuc
Omron
DT
Yaskawa Slim
SMC
Cognex

Note: I just added Slim to Yaskawa because it seemed a good opportunity to do so.

1. SNSR

Garmin
Dexcom
Advantech
STMicroelectronics
Skyworks
Sensata Tech
Rambus
ADT
eMemory Tech
Silicon Labs

What I gather from all this is fund leaders are throwing out names and that no-one really has any idea which companies might emerge as AI Titans. More to the point - the companies noted for each fund only represent the top ten holdings list for each fund - the true AI heroes-giants-and superstars in the making might just reside on one or more of these lists but just much further down the current pecking order.

And these are just a handful of the doubtless dozens of other folks with there very own list already public or fixing to be any time now…any time.

So what’s a simple amateur investor to do?

All the Best,

4 Likes

When AI hit the big stage, there was no doubt the world had an instant hit on their hands, and quite a big following ensued.

Many would be taken aback at AI’s explosive disruptive nature, and, to be sure, AI wasn’t without controversy.

Many were unsure if AI, in practice, would be the same as AI in a real world situation.

So then people asked AI, and here is what AI had to say:

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

It turns out AI was much better during the real thing, than in practice.
Years later, AI would give praise to one individual, without whom he declared there never would have been AI. He mentioned also that this human being “didn’t look real to me”. Seems as if AI might have been talking about an AI, but really, it was just the GOAT, Michael Jeffrey Jordan.

I hope this helps everyone learn a bit more about AI.

Enjoy the weekend!
Dreamer

3 Likes

Hi Dreamer:

I figured there had to be someone - one lone, savvy, in-the-know investor, an AI man among the AI clan, who just might stumble across this lonely, wind swept abandoned sort of place with the breadth of knowledge, keen industry insight and the splaining capability and eloquence to outline and establish a clear AI path along with a sort of portable investable AI schematic going forward.

Your post has been placed in the Giant Igloo Hall of Wisdom.

All the Best,

5 Likes

The more I think on it, the more I come to the conclusion that perhaps the best way to invest in the AI Tech Giant Leap Forward (GLP) is to go with the tried and true, reliable ole Picks and Shovels strategy. Each of the funds I noted originally, also have another 15-35-50 other portfolio inclusions of various companies they believe represent the best investing candidates for AI. And - I suppose, more or less to the point, that trying to pick out ‘The Winner’ of AI, at the current stage of it all - especially as part and parcel of a concentrated portfolio; may simply be a bridge much to far - as it were.

So - perhaps the Gorilla Game basket approach designed for the Picks and Shovels stage of AI is the way to go - or; maybe not but thats all I got. Lately, lots of posts, commentary and excited folks have popped up around the internet within the various tech subscription services I follow; as well as right here at home on the Fool - that are excited about one company or the other. Everyone realizes the battle going on within MSFT and Google and to suggest that only they will be the long term winners could be a good bet - but a bet is all it would be. Sort of like simply playing Black or Red on the Roulette Wheel.

So - who are the Picks and Shovels folks? What companies are key ingredients of the AI recipe? Here is my admittedly meager list of those that immediately come to mind - albeit, perhaps vastly influenced by the chatter around these parts:

1. NET as the go-to platform where all creators/benefactors of AI stuff will evidently gather round and descend upon just exactly like when the water dries up on the Savannah and the only water hole standing attracts all the various animals. But surely, NET can’t be the only Way Station on the AI trail…can it? Any others?

2. The Chip Enablers - lots of bets here on NVDA with AMD a fairly often mentioned Runner-Up with a cheaper price tag.

3. The Nuts and Bolts Group: ANET and who else? Note: these guys are not the framers - they poor the foundation. Who else.

4. Are there any other essential components that are needed to fuel the AI rocket or even marginal must have odd bits and pieces to. the AI start page?

All of which, from my sort of foggy atmosphere of generally vapid ignorance of the entire AI galaxy of possibilities - sounds marginally reasonable.

All the Best,

9 Likes