e-SIM vs physical SIM, setting up new phone etc

I took advantage of the Black Friday sale and up graded to a Google Pixel 7 Pro, from a Galaxy S10.
The new phone arrived yesterday, and I’m on my own in setting up the new phone.

I use Visible for phone and network.

Vivible is a VZ service, a virtual phone network, similar to Consumer Cellular, Mint Mobile, etc.
Cheap cost, but NO or very limited customer service.
Hence, I’m on my own setting up the new phone.

I’ve watched a few YouTubes on the process, but still have questions. I will watch a few more, and rewatch some that seem most useful. Still, I’m not sure what is vitally important, that I’m just not aware of that importance.

First, the Pixel is capable of using either an e-SIM or a physical SIM.
Is an e-SIM better, worse, or no difference than the SIM?
Can I simply switch the physical SIM from the S10 to the Pixel?
Is there a reason to get a “new” SIM?

If I get an e-SIM (or even a new SIM) for the Pixel, and leave the SIM in the S10, will the S10 still connect to the network? Or will the old SIM be canceled by the network?

A YouTube suggested it’s possible to install a physical SIM, and an e-SIM.
What would be the purpose?

Any suggestions for the SIM?

Second question:
Transferring “stuff/apps/photos/contacts/textSMS/etc” from the s10 to the Pixel seems fairly straight forward. Just plug a patch cord into the USB-C plug and follow the prompts.
Any suggestions?

I’m familiar with “settings”, naming my phone, wallpaper, moving/grouping apps, security access, etc.
Is there any specific thing I should do or be aware of?

Third question:
Ultimately, I may sell the S10.
Any comments for wiping sensitive data?
Or otherwise preparing the S10 for leaving my possession?

:alien::phone::house_with_garden:
TIA
ralph

Don’t know, but I always got a new SIM even though the old one (from the previous phone) was perfectly re-usable. I think each carrier has something specific to them in the SIM card. Otherwise, no need to buy a SIM specific to one carrier (Verizon, etc). Same carrier, no idea.

1 Like

You can then have two services (aka numbers) on one phone. This can be useful instead of carrying separate work and personal phones.

1 Like

When I bought new iPhone 13, t-mobile required new SIM card but phone already came with 1. Gave me possibility of 2 different numbers I could use however I was getting interference and couldn’t hear properly so had to remove the e-sim and just keep the other. Lol

1 Like