Earning season is here!

Folks,

Now that earning seasons is upon us, I thought I would make mention of some housekeeping steps for the 1YPEG spreadsheet if you wish to use it to track your stock ideas going forward.

For reference, a link to the spreadsheet is located here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H_v6WOjFi81rM3TH9ZHS…

There is a column in the spreadsheet that is used to track the next quarterly earnings report date. To make it easier to find stocks that require some updating, there is a conditional format on this field to bring it to your attention. For reporting dates coming up in the next calendar week a yellow highlight will appear in this field. This means earnings are coming up and you should get ready to collect your new info soon. Any date that is past its earnings date will appear with a red highlight. This means new information is available and the sheet should be updated ASAP. Here’s what to do:

1. In the ‘Earnings Growth Information’ tab, shuffle all EPS values left by one cell. That is, copy Q-1 to Q-2, Q-2 to Q-3, etc. Let the value in Q-8 drop off (its no longer needed). Enter your new ADJUSTED Non-GAAP EPS value in Q-1.

2. In the ‘Revenue Growth Information’ tab, do the same thing for the Revenue values. Again, let the value in Q-8 drop off.

3. In the ‘Earnings Growth Information’ tab, enter the value ‘REPORTED’ in the earnings date column. The field will appear with a green highlight. This will let everyone know the company has reported and the values have been updated.

Please note that if you’d like to continue to monitor and track your stock using the spreadsheet please update your stock’s earnings information following these 3 steps. If a stock is not updated after 1-2 weeks after earnings are reported I will move the stock to the end of the sheet where the ‘Island of misfit stocks’ will go. These last sets of tabs will be copies of the Earnings and Revenue tabs for any stocks that don’t seem to have an active audience. If by chance I moved your stock by mistake and you’d like to actively track it, please feel free to move it back to the main tabs along with the updated earnings information you’ve collected.

Since this spreadsheet has become a community-sourced effort I am hoping these simple rules will help keep the sheet tidy, topical and useful.

As always, please let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions.

Thanks everyone!
–Kevin

21 Likes

This is amazing. What a great community there is here on this board.

Thanks

1 Like