Flight Diverted. Everyone Was Terrified

A Houston-bound United flight was diverted for some unspecified reason and “Everyone was terrified!”

Why was everybody terrified? No answer!

Ok… what kind of a plane was it? No answer but from some photos it looks like a Boeing 737.

“United flight 2425 from Orange County, California to Houston diverted to Austin out of an abundance of caution for a mechanical issue,” the airline told Fox News in a statement. “The plane landed safely, passengers deplaned on the airfield and were transported to the terminal. We have assigned a new plane to continue the flight to Houston.” https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-united-flight

Given the recent problems with the 737, this silence is deafening!

-=Ajax=-

1 Like

Ajax,

“United flight 2425 from Orange County, California to Houston diverted to Austin out of an abundance of caution for a mechanical issue,”…

Why do you immediately seek to fix the blame on Boeing (NYSE: BA)?

1. There’s no identification of the model of aircraft in the article.
  1. Historically, United Airlines has had more than a few problems that appear to be related to poor maintenance. One of the most notorious was an incident in which the skin of an airplane peeled open and a seat went unit went out through the opening, taking the passengers in those seats with it.

Norm.

Why do you immediately seek to fix the blame on Boeing (NYSE: BA)?

Because there is no identification of the model of the aircraft in the news article and any other article in the main stream news media! Nothing!

The flight was diverted and everyone was terrified. Why was everybody terrified? No answer!

Everybody is parroting the same nonsense and at that point you know they are trying to cover up another problem for Boeing.

Therefore, given the recent problems with the 737, this silence is deafening!

Norm, there is something seriously wrong here.

-=Ajax=-

Ajax,

Norm, there is something seriously wrong here.

Yes, there is.

United Airlines has given me plenty of reasons not to fly them, including a track record of, ah, let’s say “marginal” maintenance of aircraft. The FAA has long let United slide, too.

You are prone to great exaggeration of the severity of a problem.

You are very eager to diss Boeing at every opportunity – often before facts become available.

And in this case, the nuances of the article to which you linked suggest very strongly that a sensor in the baggage compartment failed. Here, the article says that (1) there was an announcement that the plane was making an emergency landing due to indication of a fire or explosion in the baggage compartment and (2) there was indication of an actual fire or explosion when the baggage was unloaded. That’s a relatively minor problem, even if it was frightening for the passengers.

Let’s get the facts rather than jumping to conclusions.

BTW, I have had my share of “fun” in the skies. On one flight departing Denver International Airport (DEN), the plane hit very strong turbulence when it was only fifty feet in the air. Sitting in the last row of coach, it sure felt like it was going to slam the plane into the ground. Frightening? You bet! The gal on the aisle of my row panicked, unbuckled her seat belt, and started to get up. I rather sternly said, “Get back into your seat and get your seat belt on!” in the calmest voice that I could muster. She said, “Wh-what’s g-g-going on?” in a voice that was anything but calm. Again in the calmest voice that I could muster, I replied, “It’s just a bit of turbulence. It happens all the time. And the worst place to be is out of your seat, as the plane can drop suddenly and snap your neck if you don’t drop with the plane.” And this is about when the flight attendant seated behind us arrived at our row. I was shaking in terror the whole time, of course, but there was no problem whatsoever with the airplane.

Norm.

Next you’ll be telling me they used to fly DC-10s to Seattle.

Somewhat like driving your Chevy into a Ford dealers for service.

Let’s get the facts rather than jumping to conclusions.

Let’s do!

1. The media reported there was an explosion on the plane. Austin airport officials confirmed that there was not an explosion on the plane.

2. Another report said said that there was a fire on the plane. And there was no fire, no smoke, nothing!

It looks like the explosion and the fire are attempts to cover up the real emergency.

1. Passenger Dillon Nathaniel reported that “You could feel the plane starting to go up really fast.”

This last statement by Dillon Nathaniel brings to mind the 737 Max problem that caused the Indonesian and Ethiopian crashes. The plane experiences an “uncommanded pitch event,” the nose of the plane abruptly goes up without input from the pilots and the computer takes control of the plane to bring the nose down…

In response to this the pilots landed the plane to the nearest airport right away!

Nathaniel said that upon landing, the passengers were asked to leave their bags and get off the plane. He said they stood on the tarmac for nearly an hour in the cold before the shuttle buses arrived. https://osoyoostoday.ca/uniteds-flight-to-houston-was-divert…

-=Ajax=-

1 Like