Germany: winter is coming

Consumer gas prices could triple amid Russian threats
www.dw.com/en/germany-consumer-gas-prices-could-triple-amid-…
German energy official Klaus Müller, the head of the Federal Network Agency, or Bundesnetzagentur, warned on Friday that consumers may see their gas bills increase by two or even three times as Germany faces the prospect of Russian gas supplies being cut…“Most scenarios are not pretty and result in either too little gas at the end of winter or already — a very difficult situation — in the autumn or winter,” Müller said…

“If the storage facilities in Germany were mathematically 100% full… we could do without Russian gas completely… for just about two-and-a-half months and then the storage tanks will be empty”…Earlier on Thursday, Germany entered the second phase of its emergency gas plan…

Robert Habeck befürchtet kompletten russischen Gasstop
Robert Habeck fears complete Russian gas freeze
www.msn.com/de-de/finanzen/top-stories/energiekrise-robert-h…
Economics Minister Robert Habeck believes it is possible that Russia will stop supplying gas at all after the maintenance interval of the Nord Stream 1 gas pipeline. In response to the relevant question, he says, according to advance reports on RTL Nachtjournal “I’d have to be lying if I said I didn’t fear it.”…He added that a wave of prices was coming to Germany that could in fact no longer be averted…

It must be prevented “that they [energy suppliers] fall out of the market”. He feared “a kind of Lehman Brothers effect in the energy market,” which would then also affect municipal utilities, commercial and industrial enterprises and consumers. “And then you have a domino effect that would lead to a severe recession,” the Green Party politician said.

DB2

4 Likes

“If the storage facilities in Germany were mathematically 100% full… we could do without Russian gas completely… for just about two-and-a-half months and then the storage tanks will be empty”…Earlier on Thursday, Germany entered the second phase of its emergency gas plan…

They may have to go to the next step and enter a war footing … cut usage by 2/3 and then have 7 1/2 months available. War in Europe is never pretty.

1 Like