Giving Thanks

Saul and Friends,

In a year like no other during our lifetimes, where so many bad things have happened in the world and in many of our personal lives, I wanted to take a minute to send thanks out to all of you for your ideas and wisdom and great companies you have championed.

I believe that 2020 will be remembered as the year of the great transformation, as the coronavirus has accelerated the merging of business, technology and efficiency by 5-10 normal years worth of advancement. The pandemic has been terrible, but the silver lining is that this epic disruption has forced mankind into a new way of innovation and operation that will still be going strong long after the virus is gone. Technology is the great equalizer and enabler, and the businesses we have chosen here on Saul’s board are at the forefront of this revolution.

Like most of you, I doubled down on SaaS and technology companies during this year and my investment results have blown away any returns I could possibly have imagined. The lessons, insights, and wisdom we have learned here and the resulting investment returns have been life changing. You all have helped me turn my already successful investing strategies into a more disciplined and focused approach with incredible results.

And while we may never see another year of such spectacular results as we have seen in 2020, I truly believe that the methodologies discussed here will lead us to dramatically outperform the market most years in the future.

So Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and here’s to many more years of great discussion and great returns.

Cheers,
Steve

119 Likes

If you were lucky enough to profit from what you learned here, share some with those less fortunate. They aren’t hard to find. And helping others never costs you. Somehow, your kindness always comes back to you.

44 Likes