Glad I found this board

It seems like this might be the best board I’ve found in while. Would someone give me some good entry points into Shop, Altryx, OKTA, and CRWR?

I’m looking to build my future Coronavirus like some of you.

Also what’s the consensus on ZM? My company loves it.

On a side note I love Alteryx and IT depts hate it. It takes all of their power and expensive jobs.

Hi tennis buck,

Welcome! To start off with this board, read the Knowledgeable, parts 1, 2, and 3 on the right hand panel. Also read the other posts saved there. Read the Monday Morning Rules of the Board that are published each week, and then come back and ask questions. But sorry, we can’t give you entry points on stocks. You have to figure those out on your own.

Best

Saul

A link to the Knowledgebase for this board is in the Announcements panel that is on the right side of every page on this board.

For some additions to the Knowledgebase, bringing it up to date, I’d advise reading several other posts linked to on the panel, especially “How I Pick a Company to Invest In,” and “Why My Investing Criteria Have Changed,” and “Why It Really is Different.”

6 Likes

On a side note I love Alteryx and IT depts hate it. It takes all of their power and expensive jobs

Welcome to the board. Can you add a little more to that about Alteryx? You are a user? Can you tell us how easy it was to learn and use? And maybe about the IT dept complaint: Does it tax their compute resources? Maybe a little more detail? No doubt you have followed our discussions of AYX and understand why I am asking.

Thanks, and welcome
Ibuildthings

On a side note I love Alteryx and IT depts hate it. It takes all of their power and expensive jobs

Can you add a little more about Alteryx? … about the IT dept complaint: Does it tax their compute resources?

Hi Ibuildthings,
He wasn’t referring to computing resources. He was referring to the fact that before Alteryx, IT guys were the only ones who could do these data analysis things, using arcane software that only they could use, which gave them a certain mystique, and gave them enhanced power within the company. With Alteryx, lots of people who can’t even code can do a lot of what, in the past, only IT guys could do, in the realm of data analysis anyway, which may mean the company doesn’t need quite as many IT guys anymore, and which may make IT guys feel their jobs are threatened. That’s how I interpret it anyway.
Best,
Saul

PS - I can see Zscaler doing the same thing. Without all that security hardware to run, some demand for IT jobs may disappear. Same for Datadog, Crowdstrike, Okta, etc. But I think that Alteryx is the poster child for this phenomenon.

6 Likes

On a side note I love Alteryx and IT depts hate it. It takes all of their power and expensive jobs.

Typical of any easy to use product like Macs and Zoom. Ease of use for IT is a career threat. I say that having been on both the buying and selling sides of IT. Complexity is their bread and butter.

Denny Schlesinger

3 Likes

Hello

Yep. I work for a major fortune 20 company heavily vested in IT. Very structured, slow, and not nimble. While working in Advance analytics, I tested new tools.

We brought in Alteryx and Wow! It’s simple to use if you understand tables and has many advance R functions. You can also schedule jobs to automate reporting and has interconnection to Tableau.

My buddy actually left and took a job for Alteryx.

It’s a staple now and the IT president hates Alteryx. It takes from her team.

5 Likes

Typical of any easy to use product like Macs and Zoom. Ease of use for IT is a career threat.

Denny, you said it so much more elegantly and simply than I did!:grinning:
Thanks,
Saul

5 Likes