House is sold

I bought my new home last spring and moved into the home the first week of July. One week after moving into the new home, we put the old home up for sale. Some things changed during those few months between the purchase of our new home and sale of the old home. Interest rates on mortgage went up. Inflation went up. This slowed the housing market. Over a 3 day period, we had 9 showings. During the height of the housing market, you may get 9 showings in on morning or afternoon.

We received two offers. One offer was for list price and one offer was for $15k over list price. We took the lower offer due to higher due diligence money in the offer. We had hoped for higher offers as was the norm months earlier but at the same time we can’t complain. We still sold the house for $85k higher than any previous sale in the neighborhood.

Now I have one less thing to worry about. I had to go over there once a week to mow the grass and test the pool water. I had the bad luck of the bearings go out on the pool pump about 10 days before closing. That cost me $1400 to replace. There was one surprise of a missing drain pipe on the first floor tub.

PSU

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

There was one surprise of a missing drain pipe on the first floor tub.

Did you never use that tub? Seems like a tough thing to be a surprise! Or perhaps I am just imagining the wrong thing.

IP

Did you never use that tub? Seems like a tough thing to be a surprise! Or perhaps I am just imagining the wrong thing.

The tub was only used to wash the dogs which we did about every 3-4 months. A vertical section before the trap was missing. Probably a lot of water fell vertically into the pipe but whatever didn’t went into the crawlspace. I only go under the house to change the air filter on the furnace which is a once per year activity.

PSU