How much ?

A long time ago, TMF charged for access to the message boards and many posters decide the boards were worth $0. With all the angst filled messages, here’s the question - How much would you pay to save a board ? How much would you pay to keep all of the boards open ?

A long time ago, TMF charged for access to the message boards and many posters decide the boards were worth $0. With all the angst filled messages, here’s the question - How much would you pay to save a board ? How much would you pay to keep all of the boards open ?

Same as before. $10/ month IIRC.

>>A long time ago, TMF charged for access to the message boards and many posters decide the boards were worth $0. With all the angst filled messages, here’s the question - How much would you pay to save a board ? How much would you pay to keep all of the boards open ?<<

Same as before. $10/ month IIRC. - JeanDavid

I would if the boards AND the community stayed the same. But if a bunch of the posters I care about left anyway, then it would not be worth even $5 to me.

3 Likes

How much would you pay to keep all of the boards open ?

Hey RAD. I just did a quicky search in Quicken and found the following:

10/4/2003 Motley Fool Subscription $23.96
10/4/2004 Motley Fool Subscription $29.95

It looks like this was back in the 2003-2004 error and costs have gone up since then. I would be willing to pay $50 annually or the price similar to what we had back then.

Regards,

ImAGolfer (retired '03)

I’d pay $5/month to keep the same boards, but hopefully with the new software, the posting experience will allow editing! And I seem to recall that they offered free “subscriptions” to prolific highly recced posters way back when you had to pay for the posting privilege. That might go a long way toward enticing the good posters from jumping ship.

4 Likes

I would have paid to keep my Favs open! So many great posts, so many friends however…with today’s actions by TMF (closing so many of the boards that I frequent) in a non-transparent manner without telling us (yes, there was a post by a TMFer informing us that the boards would not close until sometime this summer). I now recognize that there’s little to be gained by frequenting or taking any action re. any advice/guidance this company says or does whether in the Financial arena or not.

Yeah, I know its their sandbox however we were permitted and even encouraged to play in it for many,many years. I wouldn’t have expected this of them…have learned something about their (lack of) integrity! This was a sneaky action.

5 Likes