I'll Miss You

UPDATE *

Non-financial boards are closing soon.

We will be closing non-financial boards in the near future. Once closed, these boards will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you’re disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

• (The original notice can be found on the “Boards Home” tab above.)
1 Like

It appears that this board is (now?) an “investment analysis club” and, as such, is exempt from the ax. Yay!

1 Like

Apparently, we, as a really non-financial group has been spared. I don’t see finance talks here (I could be wrong). I get my info from other boards on that front.

Why is this spared?
The road trip here is filled with detours to investing, real estate, taxes, taking care of parents, retirement boards and more. For me, I wouldn’t have stuck with the fool except for the common interest groups, jokes and tons, I mean tons, of help from LBYM, TAX and others.

nag
this culling seems HIT or miss, capitals intended

3 Likes

I thought the early fool books taught you can do It!

How can you get there if you don’t feel a connection to a community and learn from others who have stumbled on the same steps you are facing?

nag
helping people helps a planet

2 Likes

I think, because of our snappy clothes, shiny shoes, nice hat, we made the grade to be a kept board.

Maybe that early APPL investment?

3 Likes

Why is this spared?
My guess is that this board

• has moderate traffic - so brings in some ad revenue
  • has not required much moderation/intervention (unlike other boards which probably cost more than they bring in via ads.)
  • could arguably be related to financial topics (it has “millionaire” in the board title)

Other boards (like “BBQ, Art of, Fun(ky), The”) it would be hard to say it’s financially related.
And probably other boards that require a lot of intervention/moderation TMF is probably happy to see closed.

No. of Recommendations: 2
I think, because of our snappy clothes, shiny shoes, nice hat, we made the grade to be a kept board.

I’d give another rec if I could.

nag

1 Like

My guess is that this board
* has moderate traffic - so brings in some ad revenue

This board has almost no traffic, and if it’s lucky brings in a nickel a month. It is something to point to, however, for the subtle, almost subliminal message it conveys to new people looking around the Fool.

I MADE ALL MY MILLIONS THANKS TO THE MOTLEY FOOL, AND I’D BE A HOMELESS BUM IF I HADN’T FOUND THIS WEBSITE.

As I was saying, probably just flies under the radar. Hardly anybody even knows we’re here.

18 Likes

Possibly also a factor, as a millionaire dense group (or dense millionaire group) we’re prime audience (or prime targets) for most of Fool’s advertisers and subscription services.

5 Likes

Possibly also a factor, as a millionaire dense group (or dense millionaire group) we’re prime audience (or prime targets) for most of Fool’s advertisers and subscription services. - JonathanRoth

Conversely, our resistance to such things is how we became millionaires in the first place.

20 Likes

Good bye

Be well and know that I’ve appreciated reading and getting to ‘know you’ on the fool.
All the help - Changed my life.

nag

1 Like

Possibly also a factor, as a millionaire dense group (or dense millionaire group) we’re prime audience (or prime targets) for most of Fool’s advertisers and subscription services. - JonathanRoth

Conversely, our resistance to such things is how we became millionaires in the first place.

Hope springs eternal, thus marketing.

3 Likes