This is not a reply to @UpNorthJoe 's post.
I chose UNJoe cause he obviously enjoys cross country skiing.
I’ve xc skied exactly 1 time.
At least one more xc-ski experience is on my bucket list, but, a few rungs down.
Since I live in TX, such an adventure would be an extravagance.
The Bucket List, the movie, poses the question in a rather esoteric way:
Why shouldn’t I do some of the things today, that I didn’t do in the past cause I was “building $, being frugal, being responsible”? Back then, I either didn’t have the time or the money, or both. Now…?
Sky dive? I did the i-Fly.
A blast at 1m above the surface of the chamber! And 80% of the thrill of actual sky diving. The other 20% gotta be free falling with the possibility of …
i-Fly is for Seniors, too.
Drive a Shelby or other “fast car”? Never been on my list.
See the Himalayas? Sure, but down the list. I’d rather meet the Dalai Lama.
Or spend a month in an ashram.
Perhaps a month in Denver doing some magic? LOLOLOL
I find that getting out of the “I’m too poor to…” mindset, is difficult, as well as imperative.
Inheritance? I contribute a bit here n there, when it seems it’ll be helpful. I’m not waiting till after I die.
“Helpful” is in the eye of the beholder.
My heirs will get whatever remains.