Insurance Rates

We see lots of ads online suggesting we fill in our ages, names, no accidents or tickets, etc., to see if we can get cheaper insurance. But I hate to submit those because then you start getting phone calls, etc.

Anyone else in here who is older (like us), with no accidents, excellent credit, low mileage drivers, etc., who has tried this and found significant honest-to-goodness savings?

Vermonter

Those ads are from 3rd party marketer’s. When you complete one of those forms, you just upgraded your status from a “call call” during supper, to a “hot lead”. If they sign you, they get a finders fee. And guess who pays for that.

1 Like

“cold call”

Anyone else in here who is older (like us), with no accidents, excellent credit, low mileage drivers, etc., who has tried this and found significant honest-to-goodness savings?

If you trust your current agent and coverage, talk to them about it. About 3 years ago I went and met with my agent about rates rising and was able to lower my rates significantly without any reduction in coverage.

Instead of responding to an ad I’d ask friends and neighbors if they have insurance they’re happy with and if they’ve ever had to file a claim. Agents vary even within a company, too.

My insurance probably isn’t the absolute cheapest, but I’ve had several claims and they went above and beyond every time. That’s why you have insurance.

1 Like

I have liability-only $250k/$500k Bodily Injury, $100K Property Damage on a 2005 Nissan Altima in a Portland OR suburb and pay $260/yr. No accidents, no claims in 30 years, annual mileage less than 7500 miles.

I used to shop around every year on renewal, but now I only bother getting quotes when an agent offers me a $15 or $20 gift card to allow them to quote my business. They’re always double or more what State Farm is charging me – even frigging Amica.

intercst

Yup - answers pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

I may contact my agent (who’s had my car and home policies for years) and inquire, perhaps suggesting I’m thinking about changing. Can’t hurt to ask!

No accidents, no tickets, no claims for years,

Vermonter