Is there in 7 years the "BRK-A (Software) b

When the price reaches the next milestone?

Although if it continues at this pace the $1 Million might be reached at the end of the year :slight_smile:

TMF, this is not fair! In “Preview Message” the full subject line was shown:

Is there in 7 years the “BRK (Software) bug”?

and now, with the last 3 characters missing (without “Re:”, in the original post!), nobody has a clue what this “strange” subject is about. Not nice!

“BRK (Software) bug”?

I presume you’re talking about the problem that most traders’ screens won’t handle a 7 digit stock price in dollars.
Hmmm…from $500k to $1m in 7 years means 10.41%/year.
If inflation is (say) 3%, that’s an increase in share value and price of inflation + 7.41%/year.

Yup, sounds like a reasonable worry.
If not 7 years, then 8.

Jim

7 Likes

I presume you’re talking about the problem that most traders’ screens won’t handle a 7 digit stock price in dollars.

Yes, that’s what I meant. Wouldn’t that be funny? After the infamous “Year 2000 software bug” worries we present our very own BRK bug! I would love that.

Btw: I have an app on my tablet from a company “Baha” which stopped to correctly refresh and show BRK-A stock prices once it passed $400,000. For a long time it was stuck at that number and showed only the current price of the B’s correctly, until I finally was fed up, updated the app and found they corrected that flaw in the then newest version (probably because too many BRK-A shareholders complained :slight_smile:

“BRK (Software) bug”?

I had a similar sofware bug a long while ago. I was using Quicken in those days on a 32-bit machine running Windows 95 (IIRC). On any case, Quicken could not manage stock prices greater than about $35,000/share. I was surprised that it was not $32,767/share. But it sure was a bug when BRK.A went over that.