Boing!

Quite the price move.
Hard to believe B shares traded down to about $299.50 yesterday and up about 20.70 from that 24 hours later.
Inflation + 6.9% is not that much short of what one might expect in a whole year.

Jim

13 Likes

These wild swings are crazy, but they make me a little extra wine money. :grimacing:

Sorry hit send too soon…

Sold some in my IRA at 325 and bought it back at 301 a few days later. Silly.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I was a little too greedy trying to buy back some of my covered calls and none of my orders executed. And my day job got in the way of putting any other trades together. Oh well. Looking forward to tomorrow’s report.

My guess for Q4 book value is $228.50 for the record. The current $320ish price would be about 1.4x and above long term median so perhaps better prices can still be had this year.

Jeff

1 Like

…perhaps better prices can still be had this year.

That has the ring of plausibility.
Not that Berkshire is overvalued, but in the short term it seems to get dragged around with the broad market.
And I can totally imagine the broad market being hauled into the woodshed for a whackin’ at some point.
Add panic and stir. After enough stirring, those who buy on dips may change their minds.

Or not, of course. Who knows?

Jim

7 Likes

Jim, I think it went like this:

Me to my wife: “Hey honey…I’m feeling a bit, actually a bunch, stressed about inflation and the new war and such.”

Wife: “Just panic and buy all the stocks you can dear…that’s what everybody else is doing.”

4 Likes

“Not that Berkshire is overvalued, but in the short term it seems to get dragged around with the broad market.
And I can totally imagine the broad market being hauled into the woodshed for a whackin’ at some point.
Add panic and stir. After enough stirring, those who buy on dips may change their minds.”

Agree, esp. with the Captain Powell trying to land this 747 with all types of turbulence out there. But for now, it’s nice to see BRK going YTD countertrend, up 6% vs. down 9% for S&P, just in time for the Report!

BRK going YTD countertrend, up 6% vs. down 9% for S&P

Thanks for the update!
For whatever reasons friend Divi unfortunately is not reliable anymore.

3 Likes

“it’s nice to see BRK going YTD countertrend, up 6% vs. down 9% for S&P, just in time for the Report!”

Need divs to post the compare to stop this runaway price performance.

1 Like

Boing…

Or another in the same vein (my favorite for those who remember), Mike Meyers and Dana Carvey in their moms basement playing guitars on SnL…Schwing!

Waynes World…party on, excellent!

m

2 Likes