ITF Suggestion...

So, do I understand correctly, due to all the reads here, that a new GUI platform is coming for the forum? If so, why do the “Social Boards” need to “go away”? Just open new boards, as requested, and allow TMF to live on… As was mentioned, these are the “glue” that holds much of TMF together.

OK, so you want some boards to go away? GREAT! Sure, reset all boards and start afresh, but keep the social side alive… please?

ww.itwillbeasadday.ifnot.pl/suggestion.submitted/

13 Likes

Fuskie
Who does not have a date for board closure or conversion to the new platform, but one thought would be to create Facebook groups to replicate the Board community and invite board member to join…

Well Fuskie, when I read the same "blanket letter" across many boards, to many different posts... I really lose faith in what you have to say. It's sad that you feel you can't address each issue on its merits and need to "blanket" everyone. What, not enuf hours in the day? Then sleep less!!! (*well... it's late and I digress*)

OK, so this was just sprung on us, the members of TMF... so what do you expect? I expect that you, as a rep of TMF (aka CMF_), to be honest... but ya know, I'm not seeing it! (*I'm suspecting more*) Please, show some realistic honesty and express it in the same manner. Please type and show some feeling...

[ww.knowsthatwordsmeansthings.pl/theyhaveareason/NO.BLANKET.H...](http://ww.knowsthatwordsmeansthings.pl/theyhaveareason/NO.BLANKET.HERE!/)
6 Likes

Well Fuskie, when I read the same “blanket letter” across many boards, to many different posts…

I have reported some of these posts as spam.

Isn’t making the same post on multiple boards the definition of spam? And isn’t spam contrary to the Fool’s rules?

—Peter <== feeling a bit like pushing the envelope tonight

4 Likes

Fuskie,
So why are you retaining HWTSC board and not the APPLE boards- what’s the difference- both are used the same way, just different manufacturers. What is that choice about, pls???
Thx

9 Likes

Same response as on the other thread.

I thought iMacs were computers.

To expand on that response, the HWTSC board does not have “W” in front of the C. Linux is discussed quite a bit there. So could Apple computers.

PSU

1 Like

So why are you retaining HWTSC board and not the APPLE boards- what’s the difference- both are used the same way, just different manufacturers. What is that choice about, pls???

Hi, Tuni. First, I’m not not making any decisions here, and I know little more than you do, finding out about this when the notices started popping up. I was able to get an explanation which I have been passing on to other Fools who are confused and/or upset.

I don’t know why HWTSC would be kept and not the Apple boards. From what I’ve been told, both would be targets to be discontinued. Even the Mastering Quicken board is being closed because, I was told, Fools can get support through Quicken’s own community forums. I am not entirely satisfied with that explanation, but I am not empowered to prevent it from happening.

Fuskie
Who apologizes for his posting, but notes not everyone reads every discussion board, but the same questions often appear on multiple boards, so to be consistent, he responds with the same information…

Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I’ll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), Mimecast (MIME), Virgin Galactic (SPCE), Axon Technologies (AXON), 51Jobs (JOBS)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie’s and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post: https://tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu…
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://www.fool.com/premium/live/
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!

3 Likes

Fuskie, not trying to dump on you sorry if it sounds that way. It seems to me the whole process is not logical and not well thought out. IMHO, The powers that be need to restudy, revamp and rethink this!

2 Likes

It seems to me the whole process is not logical and not well thought out.

That is the hallmark of TMF board administration! :wink:

–Peter

11 Likes

It may seem that way from the outside, but internally, TMF is a data driven company that does not make decisions on a whim but based on a variety of factors, from market research to cost/benefit analysis. I am not privy to why they made this decision, but I assure you that from FoolHQ’s perspective, it is logical and well considered.

Fuskie
Who will just have to accept and adopt, as he has done with every other past difficult TMF decision…

Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I’ll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), Mimecast (MIME), Virgin Galactic (SPCE), Axon Technologies (AXON), 51Jobs (JOBS)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie’s and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post: https://tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu…
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://www.fool.com/premium/live/
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!
It

2 Likes

It may seem that way from the outside, but internally, TMF is a data driven company that does not make decisions on a whim but based on a variety of factors, from market research to cost/benefit analysis.

Perhaps. Or perhaps the powers that be at TMF are mis-analyzing the data that they have, like the companies that allocate fixed costs across business segments by some measure that doesn’t actually reflect the use of those fixed expenses, close the ‘unprofitable’ segments, reallocate fixed expenses based on the flawed methodology, lather, rinse, repeat, until they have a single segment that was using the majority of the fixed expenses, and it’s now unprofitable, so they close the business.

AJ

2 Likes

I am not privy to why they made this decision,

If you are not privy to why or how this decision was made, you don’t know if it was data driven or logical.

You can suspect that. You can say the in your experience that is how decisions are made. But you don’t KNOW that.

However, I can state with a fair amount of certainty that the decision was not implemented using data or logic. At least not with GOOD data or logic.

Consider that the actual board closing was done without looking at different ways posts can be made. They shut down the front door, but left open a little used, although commonly known, side entrance. And apparently that side entrance is still there and available, having been used again this morning.

The decision was also communicated very poorly on at least two different occasions. First, in the way it was announced across the entire platform, then in the way it was explained on several occasions by an official TMF representative.

So you don’t know how the decision was made, and the evidence does not support a well thought out process. Therefore it is not logical to conclude that the decision itself was made logically.

—Peter

3 Likes

I can state with a fair amount of certainty that the decision was not implemented using data or logic. At least not with GOOD data or logic.

Grin. Now that’s funny and probably a sound conclusion.

Regards,

ImAGolfer

1 Like