JFROG filed for IPO on Monday

"Based in California, Israel and France and founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog is the creator of Artifactory and Bintray; the company that provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and software distribution social platform.

Through its flagship product Artifactory, JFrog has changed the way developers and DevOps team store and manage binary code, allowing for complete control over the full software release flow. JFrog continues to set the software industry standard with Bintray, today’s leading software distribution platform which offers a developer centric, social platform for storage and distribution of software libraries.

JFrog’s end-to-end solution—from Development to Distribution—is a vital part of a faster, more efficient application development and release processes that leads today’s Continuous Integration and Deployment space.

JFrog’s audience is both software developers and DevOps teams. The company positioned itself between these two groups and managing one of their common challenges in software artifacts, JFrog is at the hub of the Devops domain where development and IT operations meet.

JFrog aspires to set the world’s Software Distribution standards!"

Here are the numbers:
Growing 46% at a 145M Run Rate (Last Q); LTM Growth 56%
Strong NDR 139%
Fast Payback Period of ~14 mo
High Gross Margins at 82%
Rule of 40 (LTM FCF) at 57%
LTM GAAP Operating Margin" -4% (almost break-even)

It is overshadowed by SNOW. But it definitely a good one to keep an eye on!

18 Likes

There are actually four that I am watching. Need to research further but all the ones below are the ones I am thinking I may be looking at taking some starter positions in. SNOW is on the list but expect the first day pop to be so large as to not have much in the way of appreciation on stock price till at least next quarter results are in. The stock will be extremely susceptible to even the slightest blip in terms of projections from management or market expectations. Wondering if some of the others may offer better price appreciation from opening day than SNOW even though it may have the best profile.

unity software(U)
snowflake (SNOW)
jfrog (FROG)
Procor (PCOR)

2 Likes

There are actually four that I am watching. Need to research further but all the ones below are the ones I am thinking I may be looking at taking some starter positions in. SNOW is on the list but expect the first day pop to be so large as to not have much in the way of appreciation on stock price till at least next quarter results are in. The stock will be extremely susceptible to even the slightest blip in terms of projections from management or market expectations. Wondering if some of the others may offer better price appreciation from opening day than SNOW even though it may have the best profile.

unity software(U)
snowflake (SNOW)
jfrog (FROG)
Procor (PCOR)

It might be worthwhile to have a list of recent and upcoming software IPO’s in order to find new investment ideas. I’ve searched for a comprehensive list of upcoming software IPO’s without success. I did find a list from a Seeking Alpha news item which included the above and a few more -

Unity Software (U) - 3D gaming software
Snowflake (SNOW) - cloud-based data storage
JFrog (FROG) - DevOps tech (see above)
Procor (PCOR) - SAAS construction project management software
Sumo Logic (SUMO) - SAAS to build, run and secure modern applications and cloud infrastructures
Asana (ASANA) - cloud based productivity software, founded by Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz
Palantir (PALAN) - data analytics

Dave

3 Likes

I use the below site to find new ideas from upcoming IPO’s

https://www.ipoboutique.com/cgi/initial-public-offering-pipe…

I looked at the others that you mention, had Sumo Logic which seems a competitor to DDOG but decided to stay with DDOG instead of them. Do not plan to look at Direct Listings i.e Asana and Palantir.

2 Likes