Jonnie's Bar & Grille

Hey Home Fools -

I’m under the impression that many of my fellow Fools don’t do a lot of drinkin’ in their spare time. Most of you are concerned with your health and I applaud that.

I used to be a bartender in my early twenties and loved the interaction with folks that would “belly up to the bar”. I’ve met lots of nice people that way - also scored a lot of girls back then as well! But that was then, this is now…

We had a large addition built onto our original home about 25 years ago and it was originally built as an indoor spa area where we had a Hot Springs spa with a custom built mahogany surround with a small bar along the side. That lasted about 10 years until the spa had a major leak, and we decided to dump that spa and buy a new one which has its home outside attached to our deck. With the hot tub out of the room, I decided to build a nice bar area and it has evolved over the past 8-9 years to my “happy place” where we entertain company (not too often) and I hang out evenings with a cocktail and watch the sun set over the lake that we live on.

We just finished a refresh of the bar area with some new “soft seating” furniture, new flooring and a clear epoxy finish on the bar. It came out great. Thought I’d share…

Cheers!
'38Packard
→ still loves to make awesome drinks with fresh ingredients and entertain friends.

14 Likes

I could hang in that room all day! Beautiful view. what state is that?

2 Likes

Thanks! We live in the southeastern area of MA. Twenty miles south of Boston.

'38Packard

1 Like

Wow, that’s a beautiful room! I especially love the foliage inside and the red top on the pool table.

1 Like

Love it Packard. That is one gorgeous room and the area you are in is top notch. Loved Boston running all over checking out the history. Also Samuel Adams wasn’t a bad place to spend some time.

Andy

2 Likes

Amazing and very good looking.

That is fantastic! Well done…