Just saying

There are lots of posts about what is the price to book, value, etc. None of that matters. When the market is in decidedly downturn, everything goes down, until they stop going down. When they stop going down? When it becomes stupid cheap.

What is stupid cheap for Berkshire? It cannot be $270. I would say more like $200. So sit tight and don’t spend your cash now.

1 Like

$230

$200 is back up the coal rail cars cheap. IMO.

I need to keep reminding myself BRK started sliding from a much more reasonable valuation starting point compared to FAANG’s.

Downdraft has certainly grabbed hold of us, but i believe a BRK recovery will be at a break-neck pace. Don’t blink when it happens or you’ll miss it.

1 Like

“There are lots of posts about what is the price to book, value, etc. None of that matters. When the market is in decidedly downturn, everything goes down, until they stop going down. When they stop going down? When it becomes stupid cheap.”

“When the market is in a decidedly down turn, everything goes down”. No sh%$.

Price to book is really hard to explain to someone who celebrates a $170 B investment in hope.

just saying…
jk

1 Like

I could not have timed it better! The stock again in October hit $260 and grinding up since then. FWIW, I have sold $320 covered call, expecting the stock will not move above. If it does, it is actually time to buy!!

Roughly one year later BRK.B is at $344 up about 25%.

3 Likes

Closed $320, sold $330, $340 and now I am just holding the stock. ATH is pretty close, need to see if it breaks above.

1 Like