LGIH concerns

Is anyone else troubled that the stock market is up significantly as a whole today, yet LGIH shares are down, (albeit only slightly)?

My concern at this point is I still believe in the company and their model, and I think they will do well, but I fear that if their numbers are not good in their next earnings report, there is going to be a sell-off. I do tend to be a long-term investor, but I’m having some twinges of concern here.

1 Like

but I fear that if their numbers are not good in their next earnings report, there is going to be a sell-off. I do tend to be a long-term investor, but I’m having some twinges of concern here.

I had similar concerns and sold half my shares last month. I’m waiting to see their sales rebound before deciding to sell the rest or buy more.

but I fear that if their numbers are not good in their next earnings report

Based on the closings in Jan - Mar, their Q1 numbers are guaranteed to miss. Now, they may be ok if they still say they’re on track for 4700 closings in 2017, but I’m glad I sold out a while back, personally.

Bear

I’m holding all my shares.

And may purchase more, but not yet.

Wayne

if their numbers are not good in their next earnings report

I suggest that the more important number will be April closings which ought to come out several days before earnings, maybe the 3rd or 4th. Particularly if the closings are good, they may want to front run the earnings which won’t be good. We don’t know what the average sales price will be, which could offset the lower closings for Jan-Mar.

KC

I’m holding all my shares.

And may purchase more, but not yet.

I’m curious as to your reasoning, Wayne. Care to share?

Trump administration just announced a tarrif on all lumber coming from Canada of 20% this morning.
Most likely why the stock is taking a big hit.

Chris

1 Like

That’s not going to help the trans mountain project. So much for free trade!