Lifetime MS Office 2021 for Mac--$39.99

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/08/cnn-underscored/deals/best-on…

I don’t see a version for PC at this price.

Can also get Mac version of MS Office Professional for the same price.

1 Like

I installed the similar for Mac a couple of months ago, I think it was more expensive however still a “lifetime” version. Seems to work ok - so far

I think a good deal - get it!

I don’t see a version for PC at this price.

Both the Windows and Mac versions are there, just make the choice under Choose System/Program.

https://specials.9to5toys.com/sales/microsoft-office-home-bu…

It seems almost too good to be true. If I hadn’t gone with Office 365 I’d be tempted… Let me rephrase that. Even though I’ve gone with Office 365 I’m tempted.

Keep in mind that Microsoft does eventually drop support for these “Lifetime” versions.

1 Like

Wow !!! That is a deal. If I recall correctly I pay approximately $75/yr for a recurring privilege to access Office on a Win11 PC. I would definitely suck up the $40 lifetime privilege.

ImAGolfer

Keep in mind, this will never upgrade or add any features. Where the real rub happens is when a user of this product tries to open/print/change a Word or Excel file created by somebody using a feature that your version does not have.

Those of us with the subscription model had to wait 7 months to get the Envelope function fixed a few years back. This product might be an “As is product”

Keep in mind, this will never upgrade or add any features.

Promise?

4 Likes

Both the Windows and Mac versions are there, just make the choice under Choose System/Program.

Except you can’t select the pc version. The choice is stuck on Mac version.

https://specials.9to5toys.com/sales/microsoft-office-profess…

2 Likes

The deal is good for both PC and Mac. The name is a bit different, but nearly the same functionality.

I went ahead and purchased it for the PC. I found why it’s $39. The license is meant for people in Azerbijan. When you following the instructions to apply the key to the setup.office.com website, the only option for “region” is that country.

So… if you have no qualms with tying your Microsoft account to that country (and ideally are actually living there), go for it.

Phaz

6 Likes

The license is meant for people in Azerbijan.

Not surprising since the source link is CNN. Dolt’s Lives Matter.

1 Like

Thanks for saving me from a mistake. Sorry it cost you.

2 Likes

@RHinCT

No worries, glad to be of assistance. I’m not going to let it go to waste. I’ll throw it on my two Windows 11 systems until patches for it stop. Moving forward, I’m not going to buy MS software from a 3rd party. I knew something was up, but now we all know.

Phaz

2 Likes

If a deal seems too good to be true… Years ago, looking for a cheap bit of software, ordered it on eBay, well it never came, so I messaged the seller, he sent another, then the original order came. identical Keycode, so the dude was just churning out copies… At some point M$ attempted an update, and it all came crashing down, unauthorized keycode, ended up trashing it, wipe, reload the OS, start over but with known good software the day…

Not worth the gamble, too many scammers out there…

Just tried to activate it on the 2nd computer, and the license is only good for 1 computer at a time. I suppose I’ll get just my money’s worth out of it on my laptop. I get what you mean about too good to be true. I’ve purchased other bundled training materials from the company (9to5toys) before and there was nothing suspicious about it then. I was hoping it was just a play from Microsoft to get people to move from OpenSource and Apple’s Built-In Office suite to theirs. That is not the case.

Phaz

1 Like